Chapter Eleven

The next day, Sivon and Vanessa went to lunch. Sivon could hardly wait to get all the juicy details about what happened after their little "almost-double-date."

"So, you've made me wait this long," Sivon said when their waitress walked away with their drink order. "Please tell me what happened with Sal! I'm dying here!"

Vanessa chuckled. "Okay, okay!"

"Did you kiss again? You did, didn't you? Oh my gosh, I knew it! I knew it!" she squealed excitedly.

"You know, I won't be able to tell you anything if you don't let me talk!" Vanessa laughed.

Sivon made a zipping motion with her fingers across her lips and waited patiently to be filled in.

"Okay, so once we got into his car, we talked for a second... and he asked me to be his girlfriend." A smile swept her face as she remembered the moment, butterflies swishing around in her stomach and a little blush painting her cheeks pink.

Sivon just shook her fists in front of her face excitedly, squealing and squirming. "And you said yes?"

"Of course! I mean, come on. What did you think I would say?" Vanessa said happily.

"This is so fantastic, I can't even tell you! One, I'm super happy for you guys and thrilled you're finally going to be together, as you're meant to be. But two, we can finally double! You have any idea how long I've been waiting to have someone to double date with who Brian actually likes? You remember how bored he was last time my friend Zoe and her husband came in town, right? They hardly spoke three words to each other the whole time!" Sivon took Vanessa's hand and squeezed it. "I am so unbelievably happy for you," she said sincerely.