Chapter Nine

The original chapter nine was deleted, idk why? Anyway I only had one copy of it so I am rewriting the whole chapter. I'll try to make it tie into chapter ten as easily as possible.Enjoy!
-Rhea
- - -

"Blake calm down." I squeaked as the monster cornered me in the locker room.

"Answer the question King!" he spat shoving my shoulder hard. I shrunk back and hit my back against the wall.

Damn it, i'm trapped!

"F-fine!" I cried out clenching my eyes shut, "Soph and I have a date Friday!"

"I'm gonna kill you!" he barked grabbing my shirt and balling it into his fist.

I sucked in a deep breath, waiting-dreading the moment his fist connects with my face. But it never came.

I cracked one eye open and found Tyson holding Blake's fist. Blake stilled, glaring daggers at me before shoving me hard.

"Do we have a problem?" Tyson asked coldy.

"No." Blake answered just as menacingly.

"Go home Orton." Tyson discarded him with a look of disgust.

"Ditching me for butter fingers?" Blake snapped, "I'm your best friend Tyson. How could you let him go out with Soph! You know how I feel about her!"

Ty sighed and moved himself between Blake and I, acting as a human shield. "Soph likes him, I like him. In the end it's not my choice. King is cool guy and if I see you doing anything remotely like this again, then you're dead. Friends or not, you don't treat people like that." Ty growled making his message clear.

Blake stormed out of the locker room after that. He was angry, angrier than I had ever seen him. I have never been as scared as I was ten minutes ago.

"Are you okay?" Ty asked reaching out to touch my face, I flinched away.

"F-fine." I lied horribly. Ty frowned and looked guilty. I wanted nothing more than to make him smile again, but I didn't have it in me.

"Come on let's go." he mumbled softly guiding us towards the parking lot.

***
After that frightening encounter in the locker room with Blake, he had avoided me. During class he sat far away from me, in the halls he acted as if I didn't exist, even on the field he turned away from me.

And since then, Ty had refused to leave my side.

Soph had pasted herself to me as well. She didn't know about the Blake attack, and I preferred it that way.

Now it was friday evening and I was getting dressed for my unofficial first date. I pulled on a blue button up shirt and khaki pants. I even went as far as getting flowers.

This had to be the worst date possible. I had to do all I could to make Soph repulsed by me.

My facetime popped up with an image of Sawyer. It had been awhile since I last talked to him. Since our fight we had avoided each other.

I wasn't angry anymore. If anything, since my scary encounter I wanted nothing more than to see a familiar face. I had surrounded myself with lies and strangers that I desperately needed someone who understood me.