Chapter Twenty Nine

"Blake?" I asked softly after a silence settled over us.

Hmm?"

"I'm sorry for what I did at 'drunks-giving'. I should have never pitied you, it was an awful thing I did." I apologized sitting up straight and leaving the comfort and warmth that Blake provided.

He smiled heartwarmingly and showcased his dimples. It was a genuine smile too, the rare ones that I captured from him. "You don't have to be. When people find out I'm a foster kid, pity is their initial reaction. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." Blake apologized but it was unnecessary.

"I'm sorry I made you feel pitied. I can't begin to imagine how it feels." I mumbled sheepishly. "I complained about my lousy family to you and it wasn't fair. I don't feel pity for you-not anymore. I just feel ashamed of myself because I sounded so ungrateful. And if I could go back-" I rambled and if Blake hadn't placed his hand over my mouth, I may have never shut up.

Blake raised his eybrow. "Now if I move my hand, are you going to ramble anymore?" he asked with a crooked smile. I sighed and shook my head before Blake removed his hand. "Good, because everything you said was ridiculous."

"What?"

"You can't sit here and blame yourself. What you went through with your family and what I went through were two completely different things. But it doesn't mean it hurt any less for either of us." he explained wisely as I listened intently.

"But your family is gone. I still have mine." I tried to point out but Blake quickly shut me down.

"And you can't feel sorry for me. All I've ever known is the foster system." he sighed running his hands through his hair. "My point is that you can come to me. Don't feel like you can't, I'll always be here for you Vivi." he promised.

I smiled and didn't need to think twice when I hugged him. "And you can talk to me whenever you need me."

Blake tightened his arms around me. It felt good, like a secure place. It didn't feel wrong and I didn't want to move.

"I know." he mumbled before he released me. "So....do you have anything else you want to talk about?" he asked.

"No." I shook my head, "Do you?" I asked.

Blake turned to me with a faraway look in his eyes. I couldn't figure it out before he shook his head. "Nah, it's nothing you can do anything about." he waved me off.

I nodded in agreement. I knew exactly what was bothering him. And he was right, I couldn't help him with that.

He probably heard about Sophia and Sawyer. I knew he really liked Sophia- scratch that. He loves Sophia. From what I had learned, he loved her since they were kids.

Then my brother and I stomped into his life. She was taken by me--how could she not though? I made a pretty hot guy.

But then she really fell for Sawyer....but I don't see how? I got all the hot genes in the womb, obviously.

In our flawed operation, we hurt someone. I knew this would happen--but never in a million years did I expect it to be Blake. The guy who was in love with Sophia.

In a way, I did this. And I was beyond guilty for that. So I understood why Blake couldn't talk to me about it. This hurt him too much.

"Is this about Sophia?" I asked cautiously. Blake turned to me with wide eyes as if in shock.

"N-no! Wait, didn't I tell you before, that I was over her?" Blake raised his eyebrow. I stared at him flatly.

"Yeah but I thought you said that to make yourself feel better." I scoffed.