Chapter Thirty Nine

"You're brother is an idiot." Sophia grumbled, before stuffing her face in a Bermuda burger. I grimaced and quietly ate my burger, nodding in agreement because I didn't want to be the next person on Sophia's hit list.

"I will disown him if it comes to it." I laughed nervously, fearing for my life. Sophia slammed her burger down and began to gulp down her drink angrily before wiping her mouth un-ladylike.

"Why the hell did he think it was smart to drag in his ex like that? I'll fucking-I'll snap-ahh!" she screeched, ripping the remains of her burger in her hands. I let out a small whimper at the fallen fast food.

You will be miss, reasonably priced burger with special secret sauce. I silently prayed.

"Soph sweetheart," I smiled sweetly, "let's not attack our food. There's children watching and quite frankly, you're scaring them." I whispered quietly so only she could hear. Sophia frowned when I gestured to the family of five across the restaurant who were trying hard not to make eye contact with us.

Sophia heaved heavily and nodded. She ran her hands through her crazy tyrant hair and wiped her eyes. Then she fixed her clothes so that they weren't as wrinkled. "I'm good-I'm chill." she smiled tightly.

"Nice mask." I commented sympathetically, "How about we get out of here and just take a run. Remember, running to clear our heads?"

She glared at me flatly, clearly unimpressed with my idea. "Get real Vivian." She scoffed, "It's as cold as your brothers heart out there. Let's just go somewhere your brother hasn't tainted with his stupid, dimpled face, gorgeous melt worthy eyes-"

"Uh, Soph you're losing focus." I cut in with a small smirk. Sophia huffed and glared at her phone. She had kept it out while we ate because Sawyer kept calling and she said she hated the way it kept buzzing in her purse because the noise was irritating as it went off against her keys.

But really I think she just wanted to see all the sappy, apologetic texts Sawyer sent. There was no denying that Sophia was mad, but she loved my brother too much to let that ruin anything. I was just keeping her company as she cooled off so that they could both talk it out.

"Why don't you go talk to Saw? He's obviously sorry and this wouldn't have happened if Blake and Ty hadn't come up." I pointed out, "Go to him."

"I don't think he's sorry enough." she grumbled, crossing her arms. I stared at her in disbelief and quickly snagged her phone. "Vi what are you-"

"Sawyer: I'm sorry so so so so-this goes on for about three more rows, isn't my brother such a poet?-sorry." I read aloud the first of many text messages that had filled up Sophia's phone.

Sophia glared at her fists, then looked up at me with her same cold demeanor. But I saw she was going to crack. I could already see her forgiving my brother. Sawyer would have to thank me later-you know, right after he's done being mad at me for kick starting their argument in the first place.

"Did he say anything else?" she asked softly. I smiled broadly and scrolled through the rest of his messages to her. With each passing message, Sophia seemed to calm down. She even laughed a few times as Sawyer described how he and an anus were alike.

After a half hour of long sappy messages, Sophia stopped me. "Are you ready to face the ass?" I joked as Sophia laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess he's kind of an ass, but he's my ass." she smirked, "I suppose I can't stay mad at him forever."

"Talk it out, i'm sure you'll be all gross and clingy in no time." I smiled, as we got up to leave. I wrapped my arm around her and Sophia chuckled, resting her head on my shoulder.