Chapter Thirty Three

"How did your winter final go?" Dom asked me when we all met up for lunch the next day.

"Oh good," I replied sarcastically. "My teacher enjoyed the designs I had. But it was the darnest thing, I couldn't stop thinking about a certain red head."

"Vi, she'll show up again." Dom assured me.

"What makes you think that? She could be in Illyria right now, exposing me to the boys!" I snapped, growing hysterical. I hadn't slept a wink since Chloe disappeared with my phone.

"Well for one, her new stash of candy is still in her room. If I know Chloe, then I know she would never leave town without her stash." Dom shrugged, "She's still in town, Vi. But she's only playing in the shadows until she gets bored, then she'll be back."

"What if she sends that video to Ty or Blake?" I asked, biting my lip nervously.

"Then she wouldn't be the girl I know." Dom said simply, sipping on her coffee and sketching in her journal.

"What does that even mean?" I furrowed my brows.

"It means that Chloe is many things. However, she is not manipulative and evil. If she took your phone with that recording, it can only mean one thing." Dom explained, as she concentrated on the sketch before her.

"Well?" I asked impatiently. Dom looked up and smiled at me knowingly.

"She's helping you Vi. I don't know how and I don't when she'll come back, but she is helping you."

"The friends I choose are bonkers." I decided, downing the rest of my coffee.

"You didn't choose us Vi, we chose you." she smirked, throwing down her journal to reveal her newest sketch.

It was me, with a deep set frown. I would have been mortified by my own face. But Dom had detailed everything so beautifully.

She made my eyes distant and glossy. She had perfected my nervous lip biting and even the small birth mark on my forehead that was only visible when I frowned deeply.

"This is good." I praised her.

"This is nothing but perception." she nodded, "I don't like this picture because it doesn't show your true essence."

"My true essence isn't a sad sack of potatoes?" I joked sarcastically. Dom narrowed her eyes at me playfully.

"No young grasshopper. You are a naturally happy but confused girl. You're still confused, but now you're scared. I hope you fix that soon Vivian King." she said pointedly like a teacher would when they found disappointment in their student.

"I'm working on it, boss." I said with a small ghost of a smile.

***
I paced the floor of my room nervously. I was surprised I hadn't burned a hole. Chloe had texted Lewiza, that she was coming back.She also told Lewiza that I wasn't allowed anywhere near her.

Smart girl.

"If you don't stop walking around, I'm going to throw my shoe at you." Dom mumbled absently, as she sketched in her journal.

"She could be in the building with that video. That girl could do anything!" I cried out, throwing myself on my bed.

"If she is, then she'll come see you when she's ready. I'm telling you Vi, Chloe has a plan." Dom sighed, placing her journal down.

"Is it to humiliate me? Or to kill me from a panic attack?" I raised my eyebrow. Dom chuckled and brushed me off. "This is serious! Aren't you supposed to be the responsible one!" I cried out.