Chapter Thirty One

Imagine an ostrich in the middle of a flock of flamingos. That was me. I was the ostrich and the club we were in was filled with men who represented these flamingos. Now imagine the loudest flamingo that twerked for drinks and you have my dear friend Antoine.

"How drunk are you Antoine?" I asked wearily when we had a moment to ourselves.

"I don't know? Can you feel this?" he asked before he slapped me. My head whipped sideways upon impact. I turned and glared at Antoine. I rubbed my cheek and could tell I was going to feel that sooner rather than later.

"What the fuck? Yes I can feel that you ass wipe!" I snapped shoving him away from me.

"Then I'm drunker than you are, obviously." he drawled out in a duh, tone. "So guess what I just did?" he said excitingly, jumping on the balls of his heels.

"I don't know? You didn't get yourself pregnant did you, we do have school Monday you know." I replied sarcastically.

"Wha-No! I just met these two guys who are going to this new fight club that opened up on the other side of town." he grinned happily pointing out the two guys. I eyed them wearily.

"Antoine, I don't think that's such a great idea. These guys could turn into Jeffrey Dahmer, real quick. Before you know it, we're in the back of their van getting dismembered and eaten by them." I said growing paranoid. Trusting strangers in a bar was never a good idea. I'd seen to many episode's of dateline and criminal minds to be that naive.

"But it's a new club and Xander the bartender already warned everyone that I'm an underage drinker. So please can we go? Please!" he begged tugging my arm.

"Fine--but we're not going with them. We're taking a cab and I'm googling this place to make sure it's legit." I relented.

"Whatever, mother." Antoine rolled his eyes.

***

Turns out that the club was in fact, real. It was a club that hosted amateur mud wrestling. Anyone could get in the muddy ring. It was also an LGBTQ friendly place.

Of course Antoine made me double check for a bar. I was really concerned that he was driven mad by alcohol.

"Look a mud wrestling pit!" Antoine squealed with excitement as we first entered the building. It was a huge warehouse that was littered with tables where you can watch the matches. The mud pit itself, was very large but was caged off in a high metal fence. Of course the bar was not far away for the patrons of the establishment.

"No!" I immediately protested when I saw a small lanky man get dragged out of the pit by two volunteers. Antoine's face quickly dropped before he smirked at me with a hint of boyish mischief. I narrowed my eyes at him not at all in love with his face.

In fact, I was sure he was going to say something stupid.

"I know what you need." he nodded. "We have a newbie here! He's a closeted gay man and he needs to be welcomed!" Antoine announced loudly to the rest of the club.

Antoine never disappointed. I knew he would say something stupid. But something that stupid was a shocker--even to me!

"Shut up you moron!" I hissed just as the music stopped playing. Everyone in the club turned to us before a very large drag queen emerged from the crowd.

Everyone fanned out as she walked towards us. She was a very hard woman to miss. Her heals gave her the hight of an Amazonian woman, only fictional in the world of DC. She had pale porcelain skin that was caked on by very bright and colorful makeup that dramatized her features. She was decked out in a red shimmery dress that had a dangerously high slit and a white feathered boa that draped over her shoulders.