Chapter Fourteen

I was awoken in the dead of night by pots clattering. I shot up in bed and grabbed the first thing in my reach...my alarm clock. I chucked it into the darkness and heard a feminine cry.

"What the hell! Who throws an alarm clock?" the girl voice cried out angrily. Then the pot clanks stopped and another girl giggled.

Now I was already confused, but now I was angry. Who the hell breaks into someone's dorm in the middle of the night? They're lucky I only had an alarm clock to my disposal.

"Vivian King of Verona California you have been summoned by the DOM of Maddie Dale. Do you accept her invitation?" a faceless girl asked in an overly dramatic manner.

"Hell no!" I growled throwing the  covers over my body.

"B-but it's tradition." Another girl stammered floored by my attitude.

"Screw tradition!" I snorted snuggling deeper into my sheets.

"Alright it looks like we're going to have to do this the hard way." someone muttered.

"What? But what if she's heavy! I'm just a girl not a muscle clad wonder woman!"  a girl cried out.

"Pretend this is a role for a movie about a woman with bionic powers. Now help us grab her!" A boy whispered sarcastically with an edge to his tone.

This time I sat up in bed and looked at the trio of people at the end of my bed. I turned my bed side lamp and glared at the two girls and my soon to be dead roommate.

"We've been bamboozled!" the red head cried. Antione and Lewiza rolled their eyes.

"Nu uh sweetie, that's not what that word means." Lewiza sighed patting the red head. The nameless fire truck oohed and smiled sheepishly.

"Okay you caught us. Now are you coming willingly or shall we do this forcefully? But I seriously don't think Chloe can carry you herself." Antoine said crossing his arms over his chest nodding towards the red head.

I noticed Antione was still in his silk pajamas as were the girls. Lewiza the British blonde I met earlier, and Chloe the red head were both in night gowns.

"Not to be rude but....what are you all doing in my room in the middle of the night!" I exclaimed going from zero to sixty in a snap.

"This is tradition Vivian. We all went through initiation when we came here. So are you coming with us walking or by force?" Lewiza asked. I looked at Chloe and Antione and they nodded in agreement.

I could make this easy on them and just go. But they did wake me up and let me tell you, I am not a pleasant person when woken.  Think of Sandy Cheeks waking up from her hibernation. That's an accurate picture of me when I'm woken up without warning.

So with that thought I smiled to myself and raised my arms. "Take me away girls....and err Antoine." I announced, everyone groaned but lifted me out of bed anyway.

The girls grabbed my arms and Antoine grabbed my legs. I dangled in the air and felt like a pig on a rotating rod.

"Stick an apple in my mouth and call me Wilbur." I muttered sarcastically.

"Maybe later babe, but we have a full night."  Antione snickered.

***
My teeth grinded in pain and I had long ago lost feeling from the neck down. I knew my lips were chapped and tinted blue...but I had something to prove to these witches.

"Which British designer mainstreamed the mini-skirt?" The DOM asked.

I squirmed under the bathtub of ice. I knew this answer...but the pain shooting up my body was distracting.  "M-Maaary Q-Quant." I bit out my teeth chattering uncontrollably.