Chapter Fifteen

"You look exhausted."

"Are you calling me ugly?"

"No! But you-"

"Don't finish that sentence unless it ends in 'look amazing'."

He didn't say anything back.

"Jerk." I grumbled. From my screen Ty shrugged. We had been video chatting for the past hour.

I didn't want to admit it to Tyson, but I was exhausted. My first few weeks in school were all about adjusting. I made some friends in my fashion course.

But in the fashion world, no one was really friends. We were all pitted against each other. We were competition. And I was at the top....I just had to constantly fight to keep my title.

So that's why my group of friends was small. When I wasn't in class, I was usually with Chloe, Lewiza, Antoine, or Dom.

But everyone snuck out to the city to go clubbing tonight. I had homework for my textile class and had to design a pattern and color scheme for a fall look.

I finished it when I decided to call Ty. It was friday night and I knew he had a game tonight. I knew there was a huge possibility he wouldn't pick up. For sure, he'd be at a party tonight. But surprisingly enough he was home after the game.

"Tell me how it went. I heard from Blake that Sawyer has been catching his passes." I smirked.

"We won. But what Sawyer lacks-you conquer and vice versa." Ty said before his eyes widened, "Wait when did you talk to Blake?" he all but demanded.

"He tried calling Sawyer two weeks ago, but since I used my own number during switch a twin he really called me." I waved him off. "And you're completely right about the lacking stuff. I'm a runner and could go the distance in a short period of time. But I can't catch a ball to save my life." I sighed wistfully.

"And Sawyer can catch a ball but he isn't exactly our best runner. On the brightside he makes one hell of a defense." Ty added nodding his head.

"How are things over there?" I asked. It had been a little over a month since I left.

My mom flew back to Australia and was working longer from what she told me via text a couple weeks ago. I had missed calls from my dad for weeks after I left. I had enough courage to listen to one telling me he was sorry for what he did. He flew back the day after I left. I never heard from him after that- and I wasn't planning on talking to him again.

Then there was Sawyer. He called everyday, but I always had an excuse to cut our calls short. Like I was in class, or I was volunteering for a club. Anything to keep me away from him. Eventually he too gave up.

"Weird." is all he said. I gave him a look and he sighed. "Do you want the novela version or the cliff notes?"

"Cliff notes please! I have a chem paper due monday and my roommate hates when I work late."

Ty nodded and took a deep breath. Oh this must be good. "Art has a girlfriend."

"No!" I gasped. "B-but he's the virginator."

"Wait there's more-"

"Spill it woman!"

"Hey I'm a man!" he grumbled.

I snorted, "Says who?"

"Shut up and let me tell you who the lucky girl-"

"Or poor unfortunate soul."

"-is. Are you ready? Of course you're ready you're glaring at me for stalling. Stalling that's such a funny word to say. St-aaa-lll-ing. Stalling. Stallion...oops I meant stalling. Hey that's not nice!" he cried out when my middle finger went up.