Part 1

"Harry Edward! You have six seconds to get yourself down here before I come up there and bring it down for you!"

Calm down mother. Harry thought. We have plenty of time before we need to be at Grandfather's funeral.

Harry was dressed in his customary black jeans and for this occasion he had donned a dark grey button button up. The sleeves were cuffed and on his wrist shone the sliver band that was a thirteenth birthday present from his grandfather. It was engraved with the words "Peace to those who wait". Ever since the gift had been given to the young adult, Harry had lived by that and had patiently waited for his life to make a turn for the best.

Slowly, he plodded down the creaky stairs. The slower he went down the less time he had to spend outside of his room where he could get hurt. Reaching the ground floor, he sighed and faced his mom.

"I'm ready, Mom. Let's go. It's not like Grandpa will be dead forever," The adolescent rolled his eyes sarcastically. This absolutely sucks.

A bit later, Harry, his mom, and his older sister, Gemma, stood at the closed casket. The sky was slightly overcast. His grandfather was gone. He wouldn't ever get to see Harry get married or see him have kids or even graduate high school. He wouldn't even see him meet his soulmate, if he ever did.

His grandfather had met his soulmate. It was this lovely woman named Lauren she lit up his world, literally. When you find your soulmate, the world get its color. Right now, everything to Harry was shades of black. But his parents saw things in color. They were lucky. Harry had already prepared himself for never meeting his special someone.

"Harry," His mother whispered. "It's time to go. The funeral's over." She wrapped an arm around his shoulder and pulled him away from the gaping hole. While being pulled away, Harry noticed a small boy sitting at the foot of a large tomb stone. He was in the direction that the group was traveling.

As Harry approached the crouched boy, he felt an unexplainable draw to the boy. He pulled out of his mother's grasp and slowly moved towards the figure.

"And today, Mom, I saw the most beautiful bird," The mysterious boy whispered to the stone. "It had a wonderful pattern on its neck and-"

"Excuse me?" Harry closed his eyes and prepared for the boy to tell him to get lost.

"Hi," the boy said shyly. There was no hostility in his tone and he seemed to welcome Harry's presence. Sighing, Harry opened his eyes.

The world was in blinding color.