Part 5

Dedicated to leeds_2011 because of their phenomenal comment. We need more people like you on this Earth :*

*~*

After the little tension at the beginning of the date when Harry called Louis "babe", there was little said between the pair. They skated around and periodically Harry would try to make Louis laugh by showing off. It didn't work.

Louis knew he had been a little bitchy to Harry and he felt bad. He really did. The tall boy was nice and he made Louis feel comfortable and liked. Apologies did not come easy to Louis as he was always accustomed to being beat down after he did something wrong. He never got the chance to apologize and even if he did, the significant other never acknowledged it or made Louis feel even worse for doing what he did. But this was Harry, he was different.

"Harry," Louis said quietly as they were on their way out of The Skatin' Place, "Please look at me." Harry had been looking down at the ground silently until he brought his beautiful green eyes to meet Louis. "There's those lovely eyes. I missed them." He hadn't made eye contact with Louis since the "babe" incident.

"I'm sorry, Louis," whispered Harry, "I shouldn't have called you b- that name. I know you just want to be friends right now. Please forgive me." He looked at Louis with such sincerity and intensity that Louis almost cried right then and there.

Wrapping Harry in a tight hug, which Louis almost never did, he mumbled into his chest, "No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted that way. I know you are waiting to make me comfortable. And that means a lot to me. Not many other people have done that." Louis felt Harry tense up.

"That's just wrong. Why would someone force something on a beautiful flower like you? Don't they know that when you put pressure on fragile things they break?" His voice got shaky and Harry held Louis tighter. They just stood in the parking lot hugging. 

With a small smile and a full heart, Louis pulled slightly away from Harry, "Can we still go stargazing? I've never been before." He heard a sharp gasp from the other lad.

"You've never been stargazing?" Louis shook his head. "Of course we're going then! How can you have never been stargazing?" He started to pull Louis over to where Gemma was sitting in the parked car. Once they arrived he tapped on the driver's side window and his sister rolled it down. "Gemma, this boy has never been stargazing." Her mouth fell open.

"What the heck?" Gemma's mouth fell open. "I thought everyone did that! Get in right now and I'll take you there right now. Me and Hazzabear used to go there all the time!" They climbed in and after they were settled, Louis leaned over and whispered to Harry.

"Hazzabear? Really?" He giggled.

Blushing, Harry hid his face in his hands, "It's just something Gemma calls me. She calls me Hazzabear and I call her Gem Gem. It is so embarrassing. Please don't ever tell anyone." He peaks out from in between his fingers. Louis is giggling and staring at him fondly.

'He was so hostile to me before,' Harry thinks. 'Why isn't he now? This is more romantic than calling someone Babe.' He is very confused.

"Alright, youngens," Gemma calls from the front seat, "We're here. You can lay on the blankets in the trunk. I'll just chill in the car until you come back." For an older sister, Gemma is very chill. The two get out of the car and Harry goes to the back to grab the blankets. Once he does, they both take one to the middle of the field. The field was close to their town but it was also far enough away that there wasn't a lot of light pollution.

They spread out one of the blankets and Harry plopped down on it and help out his hand to the slightly nervous boy, "Come on, Lou. Lie down. The ground doesn't bite." He giggled. Louis bit his lip and kneeled down before setting his bum down lightly on the soft blanket. Harry lied back and sighed contentedly. "This is great isn't it?"

Lying down next to him, but not touching, Louis responded, "Yea, but I'm cold. I didn't think it would be that cold out here."

"You can grab that other blanket. I don't need it. You know, people say I'm like space heater. Apparently I'm very warm?" He laughed. Louis bit his lip again. It would probably red and swollen after tonight. He leaned over Harry to steal the other comforter. Louis could feel the heat radiating off the taller boy.

Scooching closer to Harry, Louis whispered shyly, "Could I maybe... uh... cuddle with you? It's just that you're warm and I'm cold. You don't have to if you don't want to. I can just use the blanket. Maybe it can sorta be an apology for being mean earlier?"

Turning to look at the other boy thoughtfully, Harry gave Louis a half smile and shook his head, "You can cuddle with me if you want. I don't want you to do it if you feel like you're paying me back. You don't need to do that. You already apologized; that's enough, Lou. I want you to do it if you're comfortable with it. I'd be perfectly fine with it, but I don't want you to do it if you feel like it's an exchange. This could turn into a vicious cycle if every time one of us does something remotely mean or bad, you have to give the other something or punish ourselves."

Harry knew he was making this a slightly bigger deal than necessary, but he wanted to make Louis comfortable with the little things. He knew that the more he took care of Louis and watched out for him, the lad would trust him with bigger things like his romantic history and maybe, possibly, his heart.

Louis on the other hand almost cried. No one in his life had ever said anything quite so profound or lovely to him. It meant so much coming from Harry. Slowly but surely, Harry was breaking down his walls. And actually, he didn't mind at all.

"H-harry," he blinked away the tears a few times, "This means the world to me. Thank you for giving me choices. You're one of the first to do that. I never thought that after Daniel I would ever find someone who was a gentleman. I admit that I thought all men were terrible. I thought I had sworn them off forever, but then you came. And... and I think my opinion of men is slowly changing."

*~*

I could have continued, but i liked that ending. And guys, even tho they seem to be getting closer, I can assure you that this book is going to be no where near peaceful and fluffy. I just planned out the entire book and it's a roller coaster start to finish.

Erin