Part 18

Hey :)

I hope you like this. (This story is still basically on hold, but a lovely reader made my day by commenting and voting, so I decided to update for her)

Enjoy!

*~*

Harry and Louis stood in front of the small house. It wasn't small enough to be an inconvenience for the family though. It was perfect for the four inhabitants: Robin, Anne, Gemma, and, of course, Harry. The house had window boxes that were overflowing with peonies and poppies.

"Did you do the boxes yourself?" The smaller boy asked. "They're beautiful."

Harry blushed and ducked his head, "Yea, I, uh, I did. If you want, I can... I can make you an arrangement." Even though the last thing he said was a statement, Harry phrased it like a question, with a tonal rise at the end.

The grin that appeared on Louis's face was unmistakable. "You'd do that? That would be amazing!" He gave Harry a shy hug. They hadn't had any intimate touching, not holding hands or hugging. This was the first time that Louis had shown any sort of affection to Harry.

The taller of the two ducked his head and blood rushed to his cheeks, "'S nothing." Louis smiled at him and nodded. Together, they stepped up to the front door. Harry pulled his keys out from his pocket, but before he could put them in the lock, a middle aged woman opened the door.

"You must be Louis!" The woman said happily. "I have heard so much about you from my son. I must say, you are as adorable as he says."

Harry dropped is head into his hands and groaned, "Mom!"

Anne chuckled, "Hi, Louis. I'm Anne, Harry's mother." She stuck out a hand, but Harry subtly pushed it down. Louis wasn't exactly comfortable with touch yet. Only if he initiated it himself and especially not with strangers. Anne bit her lip in understanding, but Louis just offered a small smile. "Why don't you come in?" She stepped aside and opened the door wider.

They walked into the house and were greeted by the smell of freshly baked cookies. Louis breathed in deeply. It had been years since he smelt fresh baked cookies. His mom was the only one who knew how to bake. Immediately, he was greeted by Gemma who had been eagerly awaiting his arrival.

"Louis! Hi!" Gemma called. "How are you? Oh wait, just kidding. I know already since young Harold here has told me everything from day one." Harry blushed and looked at Louis. Louis was standing there frozen. She knew everything?

Harry noticed and cautiously placed a hand on Louis shoulder, "Not everything, Lou. Promise." The boy let out the breath he had been holding and wrapped his arms around himself tightly. Harry guided Louis into the family room and set him down on the couch. "Do you want to tell them now? Or wait a bit?" He whispered once his family was busy elsewhere. "Either is fine with me. I just want you to be as comfortable as possible."

Louis bit his lip and hummed, "Let's tell them now. If they get angry with me, I won't be attached." It was a sad way to think of things, but Harry understood that Louis was just protecting himself. He didn't want to get hurt anymore. Harry nodded and stood to go get the rest of his family. This allowed Louis time to take in the situation. He was sitting here about to tell the family of the guy who said he was his soulmate that he was pregnant and possibly still had an STD and that Harry was going to help him raise it and- There was a cough. Louis looked up and he was met with four pairs of eyes staring at him: Gemma, Anne, Robin, and Harry.

Harry placed a comforting hand on Louis's lap and then took a deep breath before speaking, "So, we have something we want to tell you. So you know about what happened... and, um, well... Louis?" He looked to the boy for some help.

He gulped and whispered, "I'm pregnant and I have syphilis and Harry has offered to raise the baby with me." He averted his eyes from their shocked faces and stared intently at the floor. Harry put an arm around Louis and pulled him close. He knew how hard that was for him and he was so proud.

Robin was the first to speak, "Well, uh, this is, uh, unexpected. Louis, you are always welcome here. Don't feel like we would turn you away just because maybe Harry wasn't home. You will always have a spot in our home. Isn't that right, Anne?"

In a moment of pure terror, Louis had visions of Anne wanting him to leave, to never talk to Harry again. Louis quickly gripped Harry's thigh and bit his lip. If Anne didn't want him to stay with Harry, would Harry still want to stay with Louis?

"Of course, Darling! You're practically family already. We all love you," She smiled as much as the situation would allow her to and pulled a hand to her heart. "I really wish I could hug you right now." She didn't however. Anne respected Louis's new boundaries and would wait until he said he was ready before she would try anything.

With a few tears gathering in his eyes, Louis choked out, "Thank you all so much. You have no idea how much this means to me. There are not enough words in the English language to express how happy I am that you support Harry's decision. Thank you."

Gemma grinned at Louis, "I get to be godmother right? I'm the only girl Harry talks to and he's half the decision!"

Harry opened his mouth to protest that this baby wasn't his so technically he didn't have any say, but he was stopped by a small laugh from Louis. "Of course Gemma! You're the only girl I talk to, too!" The family then fell into quiet conversation with Louis slipping his hand into Harry's and giving it a small squeeze.

*~*

Liam stared at the words he had written on the page only weeks before.

I can't wait to meet my soulmate. I hope she's sweet and friendly and loves to cuddle. I don't care what she looks like as long as she shares the same interests as me. Oh please, let her be like this. I can't wait to meet the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with.

He couldn't believe himself. Just days before he met his soulmate, he had said that he didn't care what they looked like. What a lie. After he met them, he was in shock. Liam never thought that his soulmate would be a boy. He never even dreamed it.

Zayn had been a pretty quiet boy at his school. As the only Middle Eastern student, he was often ostracized by the others. So when Liam transferred into his school in the middle of his junior year, Liam was advised by many people to just stay away from him. The cruel teens called Zayn horrible names behind his back, like terrorist, waki paki (as a reference to his Pakistani ancestry), and other just generally mean words. Since he was a rather attractive young man, Liam was immediately thrust into popularity. Because of that, he felt the need to stay in the popular people's good graces. Therefore, ignoring Zayn. And once his world changed into Blinding Color, his overwhelming need to be liked viewed being tied down, especially to Zayn, as a hindrance to his likeability.

So he rejected him.

Afterwards, Liam hated himself. Zayn ran away in tears and all Liam could do was watch, even though his entire being was screaming at him to go after Zayn. Since then, Liam had stopped talking to those popular friends. He ignored all of their texts and calls and even their attempts to talk to him on social media. It was his punishment. Since he hurt the only one he would ever truly love, he deserved the judgmental silence and the withering glares from his ex-friends.

"Why did I do that?" Liam whispered quietly to himself. "How could I do that? I can't even make things right. He's left and I don't know how to contact him." It all truly seemed hopeless to the young lab.