Part 14

Hey guys :)

Shout out to xKireyy for being the best

Love youuuuu

*~*

Harry lay face down on his floor. He had no motivation to do anything. The entire point of getting out of bed was to do stuff, but here he was, laying prone on the floor. After Louis rejected him, Harry felt a distinct emptiness fill his heart. His soulmate didn't want him; he was never going to achieve the epitome of happiness like whoever in the universe wanted for him. The point of the soulmates was to have someone who was your perfect match, if they rejected you, then you were separated from them. It was slightly frowned upon to reject your soulmate, but it happened regardless. Usually when people were in denial about being gay.

There was a ding from his bed and Harry hauled himself off the floor to check his phone. It was a message from one of his best customers. They wanted him to come by and clean their house before they had a big house party. He was also asked to come back after to clean up the event. It was a housewarming party for their nephew who had just arrived. He texted them back that yes, he would do it. Harry gathered his energy and stood up carefully. He swayed a little as he stood all the way up, but he decided he was good enough to leave the house.

"Gemma?" Harry called through the house. "Can you drive me to a customer's house?" Gemma shouted a positive response and Harry smiled. He could always count on his sister. All of his cleaning stuff was in the minivan already. Glancing down at the clothes he wore, Harry nodded in contentment and left his room. He was dressed perfectly for this client.

The drive to the house was about 30 minutes. Harry lived across town in the not-as-nice area. His clients were usually the rich folks who could afford to have someone come and clean their house twice a week, even if it didn't need it.

On the drive over, Gemma and Harry made light conversation. They didn't talk about Louis or Harry's rejection. Gemma asked about school and Harry replied with the same answer he always gave: "School is school." It annoyed Gemma to no end, but she managed to keep a grin on her face. She didn't want him to see that she was just as upset about the rejection as he was. Harry didn't deserve anything but happiness and Louis was supposed to give him that. She audibly sighed and pulled into the long driveway of the client's house. The gate was open so they drove all the way up to the huge house on the hill.

Harry stepped out of the car and smiled at the beautiful building. The facades alluded to medieval castles and even ancient Greek architecture. Harry grabbed his bag of supplies and headed to the front door Gemma drove away, not needing to stay for the hours that Harry was going to be there. He pressed the doorbell and listened as the chime sounded in the house.

"Coming!" Shouted a voice from what seemed like deep inside the home. Harry was confused. It didn't sound like the woman who usually answered the door when he came. THe voice was deeper and a bit more raspy. The boy waited patiently for the door to open. He enjoyed cleaning this house; he got to see all the pretty decorations and furniture. The door swung open and Harry looked up to see who opened it.

"Zayn?" His eyes widened in shock.

"Harry? You're the housekeeper my aunt was talking about?" Zayn was surprised to say the least. He never imagined that the housekeeper would be Harry. was his situation dire enough that he had to work his way through high school? College Zayn could understand, but not having money for something as simple as high school was crazy to him.. The taller boy blushed, deeply embarrassed about his job.

He dropped his head and mumbled, "Hi, I'm the housekeeper. Mrs. Wyne asked me to come by and clean. May I come inside?" Zayn nodded dumbly and stepped aside to let Harry in. Harry gathered the stuff he had set down on the patio and made his way inside.

The boy began on his usual routine. Zayn had gone off somewhere in the house and Harry was forever grateful. He hadn't seen Zayn in a couple hours, but when he was mopping the hardwood floor in their parlor area, he came back.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean for what I said to come off as rude," the Pakistani boy said quietly. "It's not bad that you have a job." At that moment, Mr. Wyne entered the room and glanced at the two boys. He was the more traditional one of the Wynes. He believed that he was so much better than the people who didn't have as much money as him. he thought the "help" should be separate from their employers.

"Zayn!" He said sternly from across the foyer, "Do not speak to the help like that. You are better than him. and you, cleaning boy, show some respect." Harry dropped his head and nodded. Mr. Wyne terrified him and he really didn't want to lose this customer. They paid very well and the work was never that strenuous. The older man took his nephew by the arm and pulled him out of the parlor, knowing that he had no reason to be there if he wasn't to talk to Harry.

The housekeeper shook his head when the two were out of sight. He didn't understand why some people thought they were better than others just because they had money. Harry believes that the true measure of someone is how they treat others. He stared off at the wall in thought until a feminine voice spoke to him from behind.

"Harry, can I ask you a huge favor?" Mrs. Wyne strided over to him, her high heels clicking against the wood. "Our serving lad is sick and that means he can't go around and distribute the food and drinks to the guests. Could you please stand in for him? You can borrow the suit and it isn't even that hard." Harry pursed his lips. "I'll pay you double for helping me." Harry's eyes lit up. With that kind of money, he could afford to buy a special something for Louis. even if his soulmate didn't want anything to do with him, Harry could give him things through the nice, blond man.

"I'll do it."

*~*

Accepting the job was the worst mistake Harry had made all month. He thought the people would be relatively nice and at the very least he expected to be acknowledged. These socialites didn't do anything. They would take their drinks and bits of food without even a glance or word of thanks to Harry. He had been scoffed at, push, and even scolded by a couple of older ladies who seemed to be very old fashioned.

Even Zayn, who Harry thought would be humane towards him, treated him like the scum of the Earth.

Harry walked up to the lad with a tall flute of champagne balanced on his tray. He approached the group of people that he gathered were the elite of the elite at this party. The group included a plethora of socialites, Mr. and Mrs. Wyne and even Zayn. Zayn seemed to be having a grand ol' time. He had asked for champagne and it was Harry's job to bring it to him. Harry walked closer to the tan boy and was just about to tap his shoulder when Zayn threw his arm back in laughter. He knocked the tray out of Harry's hand and the flute went crashing to the floor.

"You have a horrible servant," one of the blonde barbies giggled to Zayn. "You should really invest in a better one. they can make life so much easier and not just burden you like this one certainly does." The group laughed and Harry's eyes went to Zayn to see if the boy would defend him. Zayn met his eyes but looked away when he spoke.

"Incompetent, this one is. Can't use him for anything." The crowd laughed and Harry felt tears gather in his eyes. He should have known that he couldn't have friends within the upper class. He was the lower class of citizens and therefore, in the eyes of the elite, he was less than they were.

"Leave us," Zayn said from the corner of Harry's vision. "Go back to the kitchen where you belong. I don't want to see you out here anymore." Mrs. Wyne looked visibly stunned at her nephew's word. Her husband on the other hand looked thrilled.

Mr. Wyne let out a booming laugh, "That's a good man. Way to handle the situation." He waved an arm and a different serving person came over to clean up the glass. Harry ran back to the kitchen with tears preparing to fall down his cheeks. He collapsed in a chair in the corner of the room and ran his hands over his face and through his hair.

This night was absolute shit.

*~*

Hey guys :)

Hope you like this chapter about Harry.

Erin <3