Part 17

Wow guys. It's been a while. Please forgive me. I didn't have any motivation and I had HORRIBLE writer's block.

MY APOLOGIES.

(If you could, I have a question at the end of this chapter for you to answer. Love youuuu)

*~*

Louis sat in Niall's living room staring at his phone. His dad said that he was going to call him today. The two hadn't talked since the incident in the hospital. Don't get him wrong, Louis loved his dad so much, but he was scared. What if his dad blamed him? What if he got mad at him? What if he kicked him out? What if he didn't want to help raise the baby? There were so many things that could happen.

The phone buzzed and a picture of Louis's dad showed up on the screen.

Slowly, the boy reached for his phone and answered.

"Louis?" His dad breathed. "That you?" Louis had made Niall call a couple times just to keep his dad up-to-date.

"Yea, Dad, it is. Hi," Louis whispered.

Louis's dad almost cried, "Oh, my son, how are you?" He wanted to hear it directly from his son and not a doctor.

"Not good, not good," he broke down in tears. "Dad, I don't know what to do."

Mr. Tomlinson frowned into the phone. "Lou, you can get through this. I know you can. You are an adult and you just need to tell me what I have to do. I want to help you. You're my only son."

"Do you hate me?" The boy asked in a small voice. He squeezed his eyes shut and waited for the answer. Hi tears stopped and now they waited to fall, like a person on a cliff.

"God no! Louis, how could you think I would ever hate you? You're my only son. I love you so much. You'll never be able to understand how deep a father's love is for his son," Mr. Tomlinson rushed. He never wanted Louis to doubt his love.

Louis had tears in his eyes when he responded, "I might be able to Dad. I'm keeping the baby." He hadn't told his dad about that yet. Really, no one knew except for him and Harry.

"You are?" The man was shocked to say the least. He had been researching abortion doctors for Louis so he would get the best treatment.

"I am. I... I met Harry at a coffee shop yesterday and we had a long talk. He's going to raise the baby with me, Dad. We're going to be parents!" No, Louis wasn't excited to raise his rapist's baby. He was excited to have a child. He was excited to bond with Harry. He was excited to form an unbreakable bond with someone. Whether it be the baby or... someone else.

Louis's dad was speechless, "I-uh-what-he...." He paused and took a deep breath, "Honey, are you sure that's what you want? Just because some guy says he's going to help you that doesn't mean he will or stick around. I'll help you as long as you're positive this is what you want."

"Dad," Louis whispered, "I don't want this. I need it."

"Then it's settled. I'm happy for you, Lou," his dad grinned. "Uh, by the way, did you do anymore research on syphilis?" Mr. Tomlinson had never been eloquent.

Louis nodded even though he couldn't see him, "Yea, I did. It's a pretty common disease. The doctor gave me a shot and said that I would be good. I have to do a screening at the first prenatal appointment, so they'll be able to tell me if I need another shot or not. Everything's good Dad."

Mr. Tomlinson was shocked by how calm and level-headed Louis seemed about this. His little boy was growing up.

"Now tell me when you got so dang mature," Louis's dad laughed wetly. "I love you, Louis. I'm always here if you need anything."

Louis smiled into the phone, "I know. I love you too. Next time I call we need to talk about doing online school. Going to school would just... It would be awful. You're the best, Dad. Love you, bye."

The two exchanged farewells and hung up.

Louis sat there on the couch with a grin stretching his cheeks. Everything he thought would happen, didn't. Everything was great! The boy looked at his phone and unlocked it, sending a quick text.

To Harry:

Hey, want to come over?

*~*

"So, Louis, what would you like to do? I'm down for anything," Harry said as he plopped on the couch. He gazed around the small living room. Last time he was here, Louis's dad was warning him about non-consensual sex, now look at them.

Louis slid into the seat next to Harry. "Can we learn about each other? We hardly know anything." He was interested in learning about the boy who said he was going to raise a baby with him.

Harry nodded and smiled, "What do you want to know first? Ask anything. I'm an open book." He stretched his arms out over the back of the couch.

"Hmm," Louis bit his cheek, "What do you want to be when you're older?"

Harry tilted his head back and hummed, "Well, I don't know really. I think I want to be a doctor, but a dream of mine is to be a song writer." He sat forward again and looked at Louis. "What about you? What do you want to do?"

Louis stared at the wall and pursed his lips, "I want to graduate high school. At the moment, that's my only goal. If I do that, I'll be beating the statistics already." He clenched his jaw and took a deep breath. After a moment of tense silence, he turned to Harry. "What's your favorite activity?"

"Gardening," Harry answered with a blush. "I have a garden at my house, you know. I usually tell people it's my mom's, but you wouldn't judge me for it. You should come over sometime, so you can see it. Uh, and my family wants to meet you. Well Gemma already has, but she doesn't count." He laughed quietly.

"Your family wants to meet me? Do they... Do they know what happened?" Louis breathed deeply again and folded his hands together tightly.

The other boy bit his lip and nodded, "They know what happened, but they don't know about... Anything else." He hadn't told them about the pregnancy or about the STD. "I was thinking that we could tell them together? I'm serious about helping you and that means that I'm going to need help from my parents."

Louis slouched into the sofa. "What if they hate me?"

Harry's mouth fell open, "Louis. No one could ever hate you. I promise. Even if they didn't approve, I would do it any way. You mean a lot to me and even if you don't see it, you're amazing." He grabbed Louis's hand. "They will love you and this entire scenario isn't going to change how they feel about you. It's not going to change how I feel about you." They locked eyes and only looked away after a few seconds of quiet breathing.

"Thank you, Harry. Thank you so much." Louis pulled him into a tight hug and sighed deeply once Harry wrapped his strong arms around him.

"Any time, Louis. Any time," Harry mumbled into Louis's shoulder.

*~*

Hey J

I know this is short. I'm trying to get back into the groove of writing. On the upside, school's almost over! Just three exams to take!

I have questions for you all. These would really help me out and let you guys choose what you want to see.

I don't know how many of you know, but I have pt. 1 of a one shot in @LouisTwinklinson's one shot book.  What I need your help with is deciding what to write. I can either do a pt.2 to that one shot because it needs one, a totally new one shot in that same book, or write more for Blinding Color. This is up to you. If nobody responds, I'm just going to do whatever I want lol. That might not be anything haha. You can just comment here or PM me or something. J

Love you all

Kisses, Erin