Mya's Choice - Chapter 1

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t know when or what time I fell asleep but I woke up drowsy and sluggish. I made my way out of bed. I went into the bathroom and stared at my reflection. I looked lethargic. I had bags under my eyes. My eyes drooped and were puffy probably from crying myself back to sleep. I turned on the shower and pulled back the curtain. I stripped my clothes from my body and hopped in. The warm water ran down my body and into the drain.

Flashes of moments spent with Trey dashed through my mind and the tears once again cascaded down my cheeks blending in with the smoldering water.  I washed up quickly and ended my shower. I quickly got dressed and did my hair and makeup to cover up any evidence that made me guilty of crying or lack of sleep. I grabbed my bag and inhaled then exhaled a deep breath before making my way downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen where my mom sat down looking over some papers. I reached into the fridge and grabbed a bottled water.

“Mya are you okay?” My mom asked. I composed my face before facing her.

“Yea, why wouldn’t I be?” I asked her with a smile on my face.

“I…..just..I…..never mind.” She said forgetting about it which I was glad for, I grabbed my keys off the counter.

“See you later mom” I said before walking out of the door. I got in my car and cranked it up. I always drove to school since Trey was no longer here. Walking the trail without him just seemed so lonely and so not right. It was like every time I walked on the trail no matter with who it was never the same.

I backed out of my driveway and drove to school. I reached the school grounds and turned off my car. I knew for a fact that people were going to act different to me today because everyone knew that this was the day when Trey died one year ago.

“Whatever happens” I said to myself. “Don’t let them see you cry. Do not have a nervous breakdown.” I said as I leaned my head against the steering wheel. I grabbed my things and got out of the car. I locked my doors and headed into school. I was early so I walked to the court yard.  I saw Josh standing around talking to his group of friends.

Josh gave me a smile as he saw me approaching. I smiled back at him.

“Hey” I said as I reached them. They all went into that awkward silence that I thought only happened on the movies.

“Okay?” I said turning towards Josh. “Hey” I said to just him.

“Hey” He said wrapping his arms around my waist. He pecked me on the cheek.

“You want to go to class early?” he asked me.

“Sure “I replied. He told everybody that he would catch up with them later and I muttered my byes and we left.

“Are we still going bowling tonight?” He asked me.

“Umm Josh can we go tomorrow?” I questioned.

“Yea no problem” He said and then we fell into an awkward silence as we walked to class. I knew he was trying to avoid anything that would bring up the subject of Trey which was why he was so quiet. I appreciated him trying to do that but I would rather him be his carefree self.