Mya's Choice - Chapter 12

VOTE.COMMNT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!

I sat on the bed with my arms wrapped around my knees. I looked around the room that I was all too familiar with. The room I had spent countless nights in, the room where I had come to grieve and think.

I looked at the time on the clock. Trey should be getting here any minute now. He had gone to school, but I had stayed home once again. But those two days only counted as one since I was in two different time zones.

I sighed anxiously as I waited patiently for Trey.  I was nervous to talk to him, because I hated that he was mad at me. I just wanted our relationship to go back to normal.

I wrapped my hand around the pendant that lay against my chest. I smiled remembering all the years back that Trey had given it to me.

I wish he was as nice now as he was back then. I jumped when I heard the door open and Trey walked into the room startling me.

“What are you doing here?” he asked harshly.

“I want to talk to you Trey.” I replied.

“I don’t feel like talking,” he told me.

“Well what do you feel like doing?” I asked.

“Getting away from you.” He said. I looked away from his gaze as I demanded the tears not to shed. I went to speak again but nothing came out of my mouth. I could feel the hole forming inside me and I knew that if I tried to speak the tears would come rushing down my face.

“Shit! Mya I’m sorry you know I don’t mean that.” He said. I didn’t say anything. I knew that if I did the tears would start rolling and I didn’t want to cry. I had cried way too much. He let out a deep sigh as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

“I just want things to be normal.” He told me.

“Me too,” I replied as my voice cracked on the verge of breaking.

“But they can’t be.” He stated.

“I’m sorry Trey for dropping all of this on you. I should have thought things through better than I did. I was just so ecstatic to see you and I missed you so much and all my feelings just rushed back and now everything is just weighing on your shoulders. I was being selfish and I’m sorry.” I told him.

“Me too,” He replied. I looked at him. “I’ve been a jerk to you lately My and it’s only because of all this bullshit. I just didn’t know how to handle it.” He admitted. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

“I’m sorry about the other night. I should have never done that with Josh. You were right. It was so wrong of me especially after what I told you, but Trey I wasn’t lying to you. I really do love you. I know you may not believe it now, but I really do with all my heart.” I blurted. He smiled,

“I believe you Mya, but I’m gone and you are with Josh now. You are not going to be able to live in the past forever. Soon I’ll be…I’ll be dead and you will just go back on with your regular life.” He told me.