Mya's Choice - Chapter 11

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!

 I stared at the cream colored wall. Tears stilled streamed down my cheek from yesterday’s events. I couldn’t believe that he had just ignored me like that. It was like a slap in the face. The Trey that I knew would have never done that to me.

I rolled over on my back and stared up at the ceiling. I remember when Trey and I used to do this. We would just lie in our beds and stare up at the ceiling. Nothing had to be said, we were just glad to be in each other’s presence. I let out a deep breath as the tears ran down the sides of my face.

I turned my head to the side and looked at the clock. School had started two hours ago. I picked up my phone that lay charging on my nightstand. I had four text messages from Josh. I sighed. I had to text him back. I mean look how I reacted when he didn’t text me back. It was only fair for me to text him back. I just didn’t want to give him anything else to worry about. He didn’t need to worry about me.

Who was I kidding? I was going insane. I felt overwhelmed to the deepest point and I had the weight of the world resting on my shoulder with this choice that I had to make.

 I pressed the reply button and typed a message.

Felt sick dis morning. Stayed home :D

The smiley face was meant to assure him that nothing was wrong, but I knew that it would probably do the opposite. He saw right through my façade. I remember thinking that Trey was the only one who could see right through me. I guess I was wrong.

 I sat up and looked around disoriented. I had sat up way to fast. I didn’t need to think about Trey and everything else at the moment, because it only put me in a more depressed state. I needed to take my mind off of all of that. I stood up from my bed and held on to my dresser as a wave of dizziness passed over me. I shook my head and cleared it as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen in hope of finding me something appetizing to eat.

I began searching through the cabinets and fridge when I eventually settled on making me a waffle and cooking some bacon. I pulled the cake mix from the fridge and poured it into a bowl and ran water in it. I looked in the drawers for a mixing wisk.

The doorbell ringing pulled me from my search. I made my way to the door as I tried to think about who it was. I went to the door and looked through the peephole. I didn’t want to end up opening the door to some stranger being that I was only wearing a t-shirt and panties.

It was Josh. What the hell was he doing here?

 I cracked the door open and stepped out of view, so that nobody outside could see me. He walked in and grabbed my face in his hands.

“Are you okay?” He asked. “What’s wrong?”

“Josh I’m fine,” I said snatching my face away from his hands. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?”

“Same thing goes for you,” He replied. “I thought you said you were sick.”

“I am, it’s just the girl type of sick.” I told him.

“Oh it’s that time of the month,” he said looking around awkwardly. I chuckled lowly at how uncomfortable he was with the subject.