Mya's Choice - Chapter 9

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

SORRY FOR THE WAIT:(

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

I woke up the next morning in my own bed in the present year. I slowly made my way out of bed and reached for my phone which rested on my nightstand. I had no missed call or texts from Josh. He had some nerve. If only he knew that right now he was making my decision incredibly easy. I quickly got ready and grabbed my things and headed to school.

 I arrived early and wasn’t due for class for at least another ten minutes. I walked into the courtyard and glanced around the place. I didn’t spot Josh anywhere. Where the hell was he? I exited the courtyard and made my way down the hallway to class. I took out my phone and texted Josh asking him where he was. I passed David in the hallway and stopped him.

“Hey Dave have you seen Josh?” I asked.

“No I didn’t think he was coming to school today.” He replied.

“What? Why not?”

“He got in an accident last night Mya. He’s in the hospital.” I felt my stomach fall along with my heart. I just felt empty and there was this sinking feeling in my stomach. Time seemed to stop. I was mad at him and he had been in an accident. I was so selfish. How could I be mad at him when he was hurt? Time hit me in the face and everything seemed to speed back up.

“Mya?”

“What hospital?” I asked in a panic as I pulled my keys out my bag.

“St. Johns Mya h---“ I turned around and ran down the hall to my car not bothering to hear what else David had to say. All I knew was that Josh had been in an accident and I wasn’t even there for him. I was angry with him for not coming and I was with Trey. I was with another guy while my boyfriend was in the hospital. The guilt hit me and it hit me incredibly hard. I could feel the tears threatening to spill, but I held them back. Right now was not the time to cry, I needed to be there for Josh. I prayed that everything was okay with him, because I couldn’t…God what if I lost him.

My mind was going crazy and I couldn’t seem to focus on one thing, which probably should have been the road at this moment. Everything just seemed to be jumbled up in my mind and it was driving me crazy.

I pulled up to the hospital and hopped out of the car. I made my way to the entrance and approached the front desk.

“How may I help you mamm?” The woman asked upon my arrival.

“Umm yes! I’m looking for a Josh Durbin” I said trying to erase the panic from my voice.

“He’s on the fifth floor in room 527” She told me. I thanked her and made my way to the elevator. If he was in a regular room that meant that he was okay right? If things were bad he would be in the emergency room or the intensive care unit. I just hoped that everything was okay.

I walked out of the elevator and made my way to room 527. I opened the door and walked inside and Josh was sitting up on the bed.