Potions

It was a horrible day, pouring rain, miserable skies and Double potions with Snape. Hermione took her seat in the class quickly and so did everyone else but with groans,

"Why do we have double potions!" Ron whispered angrily but Snape changed his direction and sternly looked at Ron, "ten points from gryffindor." He calmly said as he was used to saying that line usually followed by Draco's sniggering.

"Today we will experiment a new potion which is quite hard so I suggest you ALL PAY ATTENTION POTTER!" He screamed which nearly made Harry jump out of his seat in shock, who was staring into space tediously.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, we will be making the Girding potion." Just then Hermione's hand shot up in the air with her desperate face to ask the question.

"What is it granger?" Snape said irritated, "but sir we already learnt that potion last year!" Hermione told him.

"Yes as u can remember you all did poorly so it is on the curriculum to do it again, and what I teach in this class is my decision and not for you to question it!" Snape shouted which made Hermione's cheeks turn crimson with embarrassment.

Hermione started the potion and read through the instructions properly to escape any mistakes, she muttered it to herself. But she still remembered that she did excellent at it last year unlike the rest of the class.

1. Add one set of fairy wings.
2. Heat until the potion turns turquoise.
3. Add one measure of doxy eggs.
4. Heat until the potion turns pink.
5. Add the toasted dragonfly thoraxes until the potion turns red.
6. Heat until the potion turns blue.
7. Add toasted dragonfly thoraxes until the potion turns silver.
8. Heat the potion until it turns red.
9. Add three measures of doxy eggs.
10. Add some dragonfly thoraxes.
11. Heat the potion until it turns blue.
12. Add three flying seahorses.
13. Heat until the potion turns green.

She carefully completed each instruction and she was done with still 15 minutes to go before lunch. She looked proudly at her potion which she thought to have mastered, and then took a look at others and didn't think the same thing.

Ron's instead of green was purple, Harry's was red and Neville's was... Let's just say he needs to improve. A lot. She smiled gracefully to herself while Snape went around checking everyone's potions.

He took ten points from gryffindor from Harry and gave him extra homework and nothing from Neville who's was even worse than a disaster which was completely unfair! Snape walked over to Hermione's and looked at it curiously.

"Hmm." He said and walked off, then he got to Draco's which wasn't as good as Hermione's but better then most of the class as hers was the only perfect and complete one in the class. "Well done Draco, you still need improving but you still did very well better then others, twenty points to slytherin!"

Draco smirked and looked at Hermione who had crossed her arms in anger. Everyone was heading out at the end of the lesson however Snape pulled Ron and Harry behind, "I'm aware you used the sieze and pull charm on Draco." Snape told Ron and Harry while Draco was behind Snape looking proud.

"30 points taken away from gryffindor each and detention with me tommorrow at 8 o'clock and it will be a serious one as what you did was completely unacceptable!" He told Ron and Harry who groaned.

"But sir, Harry didn't do anything!" Ron said.

"Exactly, Harry didn't do anything when he should have stopped you!" Ron scoffed quietly and they stormed out of the dungeon angry as ever.

"So unfair, when he used it on Neville he didn't even get points taken away from him, but we get a serious detention from Snape and for what, defending our friend when she was called a mudblood!" Ron said angrily to Harry who nodded and they both stormed off to the Great hall.