Ginny's Goal

As they stared down at the newspaper so many thoughts scattered through their mind. Had it already took place? Was it about to? And most importantly, could they prevent it? Before even considering the consequences, Ginny blurted out "we need to stop it" and she headed out of the house not even looking at the helpful woman.

Hermione stormed after her and tried to keep up with her, "Where are you going?!" She yelled at her as Ginny turned around. "To save them." and she ran again."You can't be serious? If what we did in this whole trip might not have caused changes then saving Harry's parents definitely will!"

"Well what do you want me to do Hermione, they are people, how can I just let them die when I have the chance to help?"Hermione sighed deeply and walked closer to her, "They might already be dead..." She whispered. "But they might not be." Ginny said optimistically.

Hermione knew she couldn't change Ginny's mind, as she looked up again Ginny was back on the run. As she caught with her she imagined if she did save their lives by warning them beforehand.

She really didn't want to walk into the house with them lying on the floor with a pool of blood, but at the same time if they did get there before Voldemort did and save them, well then the future will really be messed up. However she knew it was all pretend, they couldn't possibly stop the murder, a pair of schoolgirls against the Dark Lord. Not a chance.

"Will you help me?" Ginny said sympathetically, at least she was admitting she couldn't do it or go on her own. "How do you even plan to save them?" Hermione questioned her idea not knowing a clue how it'd work. "I don't know, warn them he's about to come so they can run or apparate, but i need to try, please." Hermione stared at Ginny understanding why she wanted to so desperately but felt horrible to forbid her from saving two lives.

It wasn't like they were strangers now, they had met them and spent time with them when they were young. They had become friends, and had even looked them in the eye knowing about their death and not being able to do anything, but now they could, Hermione wondered.

She nodded her head quickly, feeling the pressure of permitting her to alternate the future. Also, she knew it sounded cruel but she hoped they would be too late. She then erased that out of her mind and decided to help."Ok so they died in Godric's Hollow, Ginny we can't possibly get there quick enough!" Ginny looked disappointed but then smiled with a marvellous idea.

"We can apparate. You can probably do it right?" Hermione chuckled under her breath, "I may be good at spells but I'm not that good, I'm in my fourth year of Hogwarts. I can't apparate." She then bowed her head with disappointment for a moment before they heard light footsteps and a familiar voice behind them "Well it's a good thing I can."

They turned around to see the same woman. "You're..." She nodded her head gracefully, "I'm a wizard, I had some doubts about you two but didn't want to say anything in case i was wrong. I just saw you out of my window so walked here and overheard you chatting about spells. Now why do you want to apparate?" She questioned curiously.

Ginny stumbled across her words and gulped before Hermione saved her, again. "Well! Our story wasn't a full lie, we are far away from home and we need to get back quick before our mother starts to worry."

The woman looked confused wondering how they got here but didn't ask any more questions. "We live in Godric's Hollow." Hermione lied once more. "Right, well since I'm always out for helping others, I'll take you there, It's not very far from here with apparation but you must have walked an awful lot to get here."

Hermione and Ginny smiled freakishly hoping she would believe it. "Well, I guess this time it was a completely random place we were transported to, i don't think Hogwarts is close." Ginny muttered so the woman couldn't hear but she did hear Hogwarts.

"Hogwarts? You're a long way from there!" She told them. This then triggered Ginny to wonder, it was all like fate, that this time they time-travelled, they would end up close to Godric's Hollow and have someone who can apparate them there.

She began to believe it was like fate wanted her to do this, and what if the future was better? After all this thought, she decided to sweep away the huge negatives and do what she wanted to do. After a moment, the woman walked closer to them as they placed their hands on her arms while she checked to see if anyone was around. As the grips became tighter, everything went black.

They were both pressed hard in all directions; struggling to breathe with their chest tightening, eyeballs forced back and eardrums nearly exploding; deepening into their skulls. Until moments later, when everything became clear again and there it was in front of them, Godric's Hollow.