Priorities

"What! You can't be serious?!" Hermione shouted at the giggling Weasleys.

It was 11 o'clock on a Sunday morning in the gryffindor common room when the Weasley twins were receiving a lecture from Hermione from the audience of Ron, Harry and Ginny sneakily smirking.

"You both are stupid you'd get caught!"

"Sorry mother, but the ageing potion will do the trick to get us past the age line!" Fred exclaimed at a yet again furious Hermione.

"No it won't, Dumbledore is clever enough to have thought in advance of that potion!" Hermione screamed pleadingly at them both who took no notice and strolled to the great hall ignoring her screams and grunting.

Harry, Ron and Ginny were startled by this and quietly walked out of the common room all except Ginny, who stayed behind waiting for Hermione to calm down before tapping her on the shoulder.

"What!" Hermione shouted which again startled and upset Ginny.

"I'm sorry, what is it that you want Ginny?"

"Well, er, it's just I needed help on a essay for Professor Snape, and since you're above of me I thought maybe you've done it before and you can help?"

Hermione looked delighted with a cheerful smile almost as if the memory of the tantrum about Fred and George had disappeared from her memories,

"Yes! Of course let's start right away!"

"No! No, just a few tips. And not right-" but Hermione wasn't listening she was already collecting a few books from her bag ready to help Ginny in the longest way possible. Ginny sighed and sat down unprepared to have a lesson from Hermione when all she was asking for was a few pointers.

After the hour of Hermione's tedious 'pointers' Ron and Harry head back into the common room and surprised to see both Hermione at the desk working while Ginny was secretly asleep and had her head facing down with her hand on her forehead creating the illusion for Hermione that she was reading the book under her palm.

"Hermione and Ginny what are you doing studying on a weekend?"

This caused Ginny to wake up from her rest from not paying attention to Hermione's lesson on potions and nearly caused her to fall of her chair before Hermione grabbed her.

"Thanks" Hermione smiled slightly and looked back at Ron and Harry who were now sitting by the fireplace and Harry in his favourite seat, staring into the scorching fire, Ginny skipped towards them pulling their chairs back slightly before leaning each of her arms on each of their armchairs.

"So!" She said excitedly as they both looked at her bewilderdly.

"What are we going to do today?" Ron and Harry smiled and stood up all fired up for a fun day ahead of them.

"Well the first thing for you Ginny is to do your essay." Hermione told her.

"What? Please can't you do it you basically know everything that needs to be in it, and I've already cheated from finding all the information from you, so what's the harm in you writing it now." Ginny argued pleadingly.

"Exactly, so now you need to prove you know it and listened to my information on it by writing the essay yourself, so you won't have cheated fully." Hermione replied.

Ginny scoffed annoyed and crossed her arms.

"Fine! I'll go do it then I'll come back bye." She smiled slightly at Hermione and strolled to her dormitory.

"Bloody hell Hermione can't she have some fun, it's the weekend!" Ron shouted at Hermione.

"But she'll feel much better once the work is out of the way." Hermione explained and was walking out of the common room.

"She needs to sort out her priorities!" Ron said furiously next to Harry while he nodded, Hermione looked back to find a shocked Ron.

"I heard that. And my top priority is school."

"Well for me it's friends and you seem to spending a lot less time with us nowadays and more on school, I mean what's life without fun."

"But what's life without education, you won't have any success!" Hermione explained.

"Guys stop having an argument over such a little thing!" Harry butted into the conversation.

"Yeah Hermione stop getting so wound up over little things!" Ron told her.

"He meant you too, you too have flaws!"

"Yeah well, I may have many flaws but at least I'm not a nerd!" Ron screamed at Hermione who's heart sank and had been shattered, not many things get to Hermione but this sure did especially from one of her best friends.

She stormed out of the common room while Ron stormed to the dormitory followed by mutters.

'She's probably going to the library she might as well live there.' He said quietly to himself. And this left Harry in the middle of it all and right now in the common room alone unaware of what he would do next but knew they weren't going to be making up soon.