The Hogwarts Library

Ginny and Hermione were peacefully sleeping in their new rooms before they were awoke startled by a quiet but disturbing noise. Ginny gasped as she jumped out of the bed with Hermione doing the same.They glanced across the room to see a chair had been dropped on the floor, staring at each other bewildered, they heard a whisper.

It was a familiar voice, one they had heard a few times however they couldn't work out where the voice was from. Hermione and Ginny peered around the room seeing nothing, unexpectedly a image started to appear. A boy no taller than them, removed an invisibility cloak revealing himself; James and Sirius.

"Aaahhh!!!!!!" They both yelled in unison. James and Sirius were startled by them and asked them to be quiet. "What are you doing here?!" Ginny whispered but yelling inside.

"We've got a plan." James replied but he didn't need to explain what the plan was for, they knew exactly what he meant. "I figured out there may be a books about time turners in the restricted section in the library and maybe there might be something that can help you. But we have to go now."

Hermione and Ginny looked confused, they were exhausted and were already opening their eyes forcefully. "Its our only chance at night, where its empty." James explained. Ginny rolled her eyes, but deep inside she smiled: pleased there was still hope.

"Hang on a minute. I'm sure if there was a book about it in the library then Dumbledore would already know, and would know how to send us back!" Hermione said bewildered.

James shook his head: disagreeing. "All I can say is, he hasn't exactly put it to his top priority, you know I don't even think he's tried!"

"No! He's not stupid. Of course he knows its important to send us back." Hermione argued but slightly agreed with him, however knew there must be a great reason for why he isn't worried about their situation.

"Well maybe he knows... Or he's forgotten a book is in the library, but at the end of the day what's the harm in trying?" James replied.

"We could get caught! Especially because the cloak isn't big enough to fit us all in!" Hermione explained angrily. James and Sirius chuckled leaving Hermione rolling in her eyes.

"The cloak will only come in need if we hear something coming because Remes and Peter are making sure Filch is distracted on the other side of the castle."

The girls sighed and nodded their heads expecting a better plan then this. As they tiptoed down the stairs carefully, they snuck out of the dormitory and headed straight to the library. On the way, there was nothing but silence. It was so quiet; breathing became noticeable. Also (which calmed them) Filch was nowhere to be seen.

The deserted hallways; ghostly and giant-like, lead them to their destination. "Why couldn't we just ask a teacher for a note to go in there?!" Hermione whispered irritated not willing to give up on her viewpoint.

"Well, first of all if me and Sirius asked, no one trusts us to do anything, we cause too much trouble. Secondly, if you and Ginny asked, teachers would definitely get suspicious and you don't want them knowing you still believe you're from the past do you?" James explained.

As they entered the library Ginny smiled; knowing it was still magnificent. It was gigantic in size with tens of thousands of books; thousands of shelves and hundreds of narrow rows. They wandered around until they reached the restricted area and stepped in.