Hope

"Look what we have here" Filch said glaring at them all. He didn't recognise Hermione and Ginny but as he noticed James and Sirius he chuckled devilishly. "You two again! Well I've caught you so many times maybe you should take a visit to the headmaster."

James sighed and Sirius rolled his eyes, trying to shake the fear off that this could be their last chance before they are expelled. Filch then looked over at the two girls, "What are your names?" He demanded, "Hermione" "Ginny" they both spoke at the same time. He peered at them trying to remember if he'd seen them before, after an observation he replied. "Well I've never seen your faces before!"

 As they were forced to follow Filch through the hallways, Hermione feared she would be taken in the office too, "Don't worry, we wont get told off, I'm sure Dumbledore will understand." Ginny explained to Hermione but doubted the same thing for James and Sirius.

As they entered the office, Dumbledore was sat comfortably in his chair, not looking up. Filch stomped to his desk and then spoke in a croaky voice. "Its the two troublemakers again". Dumbledore didn't look up but simply spoke softly, "So what service do you need me for? What's wrong with the punishment you normally give?"

Filch scoffed rudely, "well since they've had a lot of chances, I thought maybe I could punish them more, referring back to the old punishments." Filch then expected Dumbledore to scream or get frustrated for the amount of times he's begged for the brutal punishments to be returned.

But Dumbledore just sighed, and put his hand on his forehead, "How many times Argus?" He paused to take a breath. "How many times do I have to explain to you that they are too harsh for our students."

He still at this point was looking down at his book as Filch growled. "I also caught two girls who I don't recognise." Finally, Dumbledore looked up to see Hermione and Ginny. He then looked at Filch and said politely "Please can you leave us Argus."

He grunted silently and left the office while Dumbledore got out of his chair. "Why were you out of bed?" He questioned them following a moment of complete silence before Ginny bravely spoke.

"We wanted to check for a book about time-turners in the restricted section in the library." Ginny spoke. "It was James's idea." She quickly added.

"Didn't I confirm that I was sorting it? Didn't it ever occur to you that if there was a relevant book in the library, I would have read it, James." Hermione smirked slightly, who couldn't help wanting to say to James, 'I told you so'. 

"James, I explained I was sorting it twice to you now-"

Before Dumbledore could finish the sentance Ginny interrupted, "Wait? What do you mean twice?"

"I was unaware you knew, that once Mrs Skeeter had handed the newspapers around school, James and his friends came to me curious about it and who you were. They may have suspected it was the truth, knowing a few things about time-travel. I did say they needed not to help with the situation, but I now know they didn't take on what I said."

James gulped looking guilty, "sorry! I just was really curious and I was hoping after I'd helped you, you would trust me enough to tell me things from the future." 

"You do realise how dangerous that is, you never know, what if you have a big part in the creation of the future." 

Ginny and hermione stared at each other kneeing too well he did. 

"I know, I'm sorry. But at least I tried to help, that was good right?" He asked Ginny and Hermione who nodded their head but still unsure. 

"Hermione, Ginny, It may not seem like it, but I have been working hard to find a way to send you girls back home. However it isn't as simple as it looks, I had nothing at all to work on since all the time-travel users have always travelled hours not years and met up with themselves. And I wasn't expecting you to wait decades for that."

Ginny and Hermione blushed guilty of underestimating Dumbleldore and being convinced he wasn't trying. "I have found a way." They then looked up with hope written on their faces. "It is a potion, and I'm sure you know potions take quite a while to make." 

Hermione smiled remembering her polyjuice potion that went wrong and turned her into a cat. Hoping the same wouldn't become of this potion. "It will be finished by tomorrow night, tomorrow will be your last day." 

Immediately Ginny and Hermione stretched their smiles as far as possible realising they were finally getting out of here.