Meeting Another Redhead

Ginny was racing down the hallways trying to dodge Filch and making as little noise as possible, but when she reached dumbledores office she instantly remembered she forgot about the password. 'oh no! how could I be so stupid' she thought.

She tried to think of a plan but couldn't think of anything, just then she heard footsteps, she was ready to hide but saw a red haired girl who looked about the same age as her, "hello" she said softly. Ginny was still puzzled, "what are you doing out of bed?" Ginny finally spoke.

"I could ask you the same thing." She replied and then there was a awkward silence. "Well I was with my friends, but then was convinced we were going to get caught by Filch but they said they needed to do something so I turned back to the wing myself but the fat lady wouldn't wake up so I went back to where I left my friends but they'd already gone somewhere so I was heading back to the wing."

"Right well I was, well am trying to get into Dumbledores room but I don't know his password!"

"Really? Well why?"

Ginny thought of something to say, "I can't say but what I can say is it's really important!"

The girl looked up for a moment then smiled at Ginny. "Well if it's that important I think I know it" Ginny was delighted and relieved.

"I think its butterbeer"

Before Ginny could say it, she heard a shout, Filches shout. The girls looked at each other terrified and ran. They could hear him coming after them and they zoomed into a classroom and hid behind the door. "I know you're here you can't run from me!"

The girls panting stepped away from the door but could hear heavy footsteps, he was coming closer as they saw a shadow. "What are we going to do?" the girl whispered. Ginny shrug her shoulders anxiously, "but it doesn't matter if we're caught I mean he can't be that bad."

The girl looked at her in disagreement, "his detentions are horrid, sometimes if he can help it he sneaks in a mean thing that Dumbledore hasn't allowed him to do, he was caught one time by Dumbledore but he'd already made the boy pay, and that could happen to us.

"But he won't do it again now he's been caught!" Ginny argued.

"Don't you understand, he doesn't care if he gets caught he knows all he needs to do is fake being sincerely sorry then Dumbledore will forgive him, all he wants is to punish troublemakers especially kids out of bed!"

Ginny began to feel terrified, 'maybe discipline is bad at this time, maybe Dumbledore hasnt banned all the detention punishments yet and hasn't made absolute sure that no one broke the new rules. Maybe Filch isnt as scared of disobeying Dumbledores orders as he is in the present, but whatever it is I don't want to be in his detention.'

He headed closer but the girls had remembered something and pulled it out of her bag and just as filch opened the door she sprung it on top of them both. Filch looked around and hurried out with a grunt, it was a invisibility cloak.

"Where'd you get that?" Ginny asked curiously.

"When I told my friends I wanted to go back but didn't want to get caught, one of my friends James gave it to me and told me it would help me then I'd give it back tomorrow."

"Wait, you know James, who are you?"

"I'm Lily, Lily Evans."