Snape's Secret Talent

James shamefully was sent to Dumbledores office with the rest of the class relieved. "Right! We will be practising the girding potion today."

Hermione smiled confidently knowing she had already done it in the year and now she's nearly a master. Even better, Draco wasn't here to take all the attention. She started on her potion glaring at her surroundings only to see bewildered faces. She smirked to herself.

She looked over to Ginny, who looked as confused as the others, having no clue what to do. Ginny decided to pretend to be the same age as Hermione so they'd be in the same class ; resulting in her confusion. "Hey Ginny, I did this potion in the third year, haven't you done it yet?" Ginny shook her head quickly, desperately hoping for huge help.

Hermione taking the hint agreed to help, only because it wasn't fair she had to do this. Otherwise especially if it was Ron she would have just let them suffer! However as she saw Ginny's potion she knew there was no hope to repair it and giggled to herself while Ginny sighed. As she finished she was prepared to shoot her hand up however someone beat her to it.

"Finished Professor!" Snape shouted and immediately got his attention. He achieved a huge smile from Slughorn who came over to check his potion. Hermione scoffed and tried to laugh it off, but Ginny knew otherwise. Next, Slughorn came to Hermione and was surprised, "well, there's some talent there, well done you've done as well as Severus!" Then the professor wondered for a moment.

"How would you like to be in the Slug Club?" He questioned Hermione who looked confused. Slughorn chuckled (but was also quite surprised) and spoke again.

"You've not heard of the slug club? Well, it's a group where the talented, famous and high fliers socialise with each other, and I arrange dinner parties and meetings. I'm sure you will find it enjoyable!"

Hermione thought for a second, disliking the idea of meeting even more people when they should be discreet, and Ginny well, despised the idea of favouritism, but was quite intrigued by it; wishing Hermione would agree. She then replied, "I don't thi-" However Hermione was interrupted by Ginny who spoke loudly, "she'll be delighted!"

Slughorn smiled, "Well! There is a dinner party tonight in my office!" Hermione faked a smile while Slughorn moved on. He peered In Ginny's cauldron to see a blue thick mess then glanced at Ginny and strolled off disappointed.

As the class finished, Hermione and Ginny headed out but saw Snape zooming off before anyone could stop him; it looked like he was too late. As James surprisingly jumped out from the corner and came storming towards him.

"Are you happy now? Two weeks of detention!" James yelled as he deliberately threw Snape's books out of his hand.

Snape looking terrified but still amused by the fact he was being punished. Lily walked up to James looking furious, "what's your problem, why won't you just leave him alone? You arrogant bullying toerag!"

At this point some students from the previous class had stayed back to see all the chaos but other than that there were no teachers, the perfect time for James to show off. Before he could say another word to Snape, Lily stepped in once again.

"Just leave him alone! Or I wont ever speak to you again!"

James considered this, and then stormed off. As the drama had finished the students cleared of as well. All except Snape, Lily, Hermione and Ginny. Lily bent down to clutch the books and placed it back in Snape's palms.

"Well a thank you would be nice!" Lily said impatiently.

"Fine! Thanks a lot for humiliating me!" Snape angrily shouted.

Lily glared at Snape: puzzled and frustrated. "I never humiliated you! I stuck up for you, I saved you from that bully!"

"Exactly! Do you know how many Slytherins were watching and laughing? All because Potter listened to you and stopped because of you, making me look weak: like I needed a mudblood to save me!"

Lily gasped as her eyes filled with tears, Hermione was incredibly hurt too while Ginny was angry. Snape looked up to see what he had caused and instantly regretted it.

"I never meant to call you mudblood, it just-" he whispered ashamed before being interrupted.

"Slipped out? It's too late. I've made excuses for you for years. None of my friends can understand why I even talk to you. You and your precious little Death Eater friends... You've chosen your way, I've chosen mine." Lily stormed off to her next class followed by Hermione and Ginny stunned by what they had seen.

Hi, hoped you liked the extra long chapter today! The reason why Ginny isn't in the Slug Club is because she only got in as Horace Slughorn saw her perform something on the Hogwarts Express in her fifth year. Also she didn't do well at the Girding potion so... Just wanted to tell you so you wouldn't be confused why she isn't in it. And obviously Hermione and Ginny are stunned as they've found out that Lily and Snape are (were) really good friends!

Which is kind of a big shocker because in the goblet of fire I think they still think he's bad and have no idea he was bullied so... Also the Christmas holidays are coming up (not in the book, in real life) so hopefully I'll update more,  like twice a week or something like that? And I actually don't know where the story is going, I just keep coming up with different plots and I want to do them all so I don't know how many chapters it's going to end up as. Anyway hope you liked the chapter and bye!