The Last Day - Part 1

As Hermione and Ginny completed their last classes, they couldn't concentrate on the work, just on reaching home. In the last class of the day, it was potions. As always it was very interesting especially without Professor Snape.

As they were packing up and heading out of the door Professor Slughorn stopped them. " You're very talented Hermione." He spoke as Ginny rolled her eyes and Hermione faked a smile, "it will be very sad to see you go."

Ginny and Hermione stared at each other puzzled and then at the Professor. How did he know? they were sure Dumbledore hadn't involved any other teachers to be on the safe side. "Don't look so worried, I know all about your necklaces."

"Dumbledore told you?" Hermione asked curious as he nodded and chuckled. "Who do you think helped him with the potion? I am the potions master you know!" He smiled at them and then there was silence for a moment. "Anyway, the potion will be done in a hour."

Ginny sighed with relief fearing there would be complications. They then walked out and headed for the Gryffindor dorm. It was empty except one person was in there sat by the fire, Lily. As they saw them approaching she jumped out of her seat, "Is it true? You're leaving today?"

They both nodded expecting her to say something like 'where are you going as you aren't really from the past since that's crazy.' However she didn't.

"James persuaded me, I think I believe you now, its just I didn't even know time-travel existed!" She explained with a giggle. "Its fine, I don't think I would have believed it if I was you." Hermione said with a slight lie, she's been through so much she can nearly believe anything.

"I know you cant tell me, but I do hope my adult self meets you." She said enthusiastically while Hermione and Ginny gulped knowing that would never happen as her adult self doesn't even last that long to meet them.

They both wished desperately that they could warn Lily and James; to be careful of Peter and try to avoid death, they wished desperately that they were allowed to save their lives. But they knew without a doubt it would have severe consequences, in result of this they quietly left the dorm before they accidently blurted it out.

They wandered the corridors and decided to spend their free time sitting in the library and reading. Before even reaching the second page, Hermione put her book down and patted Ginny on the shoulder.

"We need to talk." She said concernedly. Ginny looked confused, "What's wrong? We are going home, aren't you happy?"

Hermione sighed frustrated, "Ginny, we don't get away with it that easy. What, you think we go back and it's back to normal is it? We need to sort out a fake story to tell everyone else, and most importantly we could have changed so many things. You never know, we might go back to ruins!"

"You're exaggerating! Dumbledore will tell the school we've moved again, the suspicious teachers will finally get bored of making accusations and forget us, and so will Lily, James, and the rest."

Hermione shook her head all the way through Ginny's explanation, "I know you think we have been careful about what we say, but it isn't just that, its what we do as well. We've made Lily learn about time-turners, what if without us she wouldn't have known ever. This way she might go back in time herself at one point.

Ginny wanted to sweep the negativity away, but it was difficult with Hermione's theories, she knew she was quite right, there was a huge possibility at least one aspect of the future has been altered. The horrible truth they were both learning to accept was they could go back to a normal same-old Hogwarts or a Hogwarts which is non-identical, devastate and ruined...

Hey! I decided to split this into two parts because It will be the same day as the next chapter. I'm quite sad to say the book is nearly over because I do enjoy writing it. Also I'm really shocked and sad about Alan Rickman, RIP.