•CHAPTER ONE•

This is my first fanfic and I'm kinda nervous to how you all respond to it. But please feel free to comment your opinions. Enjoy!

Evelyn's P.O.V

"Get your arse down here now!" My so called 'mum' shouted from the downstairs kitchen. Knowing her stupid boyfriend would be there, I refused and stayed sat, staring into the blank space on the walls that surrounded me. I kept looking back at my phone, making sure no one had text me without me knowing. I stood up, every part of my body aching. I was rather hungry but knowing that going down stairs would put me in a bad mood I had changed my mind. I could wait 10 more minutes. I hoped so anyway.

The sound of my phone turned my attention away from the walls and to my phone. It had to be Calum. It was Calum. I knew it! He always would text me to see if I was okay. No one else would. No one really cared about me apart from Calum and Alice. Maybe Ashton did to but he was always too busy to talk to anyone like me, so he never got the chance to. It didn't really bother me too much anyway.

I clicked on my messages. Knowing Calum had text me placed a warm smile upon my face. He always put the biggest smile on my face, no matter what the situation.

[Evelyn's Messages]

Calum : Hey Eve, you have anything going on right now? x

Evelyn : Hey and I'm very busy staring at a wall? x

Calum : I'll be there in 5 to pick you up x

Evelyn : Wait... where are we going? x

Calum : Wait and see x

Well, he was going to be here in 5... meaning I don't have long to get freshened up! I opened my closet, freeing my mind to all the different variety of clothing I had. I decided on wearing black ripped skinny jeans, a floral top, combat boots and a red bandanna to top it all off.

Normally, girls take forever doing their make-up... I couldn't do that. Calum had binned it all. He told me I was beautiful the way I looked. He really knew how to make me smile. You could say he knew how to make any girl smile in general. Unlike most boys.

Just seconds later I heard Calum pull up onto my drive way. I grabbed my phone, jacket and bag, rushed down the stairs, almost stumbling on the last step. I turned the corner to see what exactly my 'mum' and her scanky boyfriend were doing. Let me tell you, it wasn't a pretty sight at all! I just pretended I hadn't seen what I'd seen and ran to the door.

Before closing the door, behind me was my mum's boyfriend shouted, "GET LOST YOU FAT SLUT!" He found it funny. I found it hurtful. He would always make remarks like this out of the blue. I hadn't even spoken to him properly as his first words to me were, "Who's this ugly bitch and what's she doing in our house?"

I eventually closed the door and turned around to face Calum, face to face. He looked at me for a couple of seconds and then wrapped his arms around my waist. I always loved his hugs. They were so warm and snuggly. I could always hear his heart beat when hugging him. I nuzzled my nose into his chest smelling the scent of Calum Hood.

Calum took hold of my hand and opened the door to his car. I sat down in the front seat. I switched the radio on to find Nirvana on. I turned it up louder so everyone could hear it down my street. Familiar faces passed me as I could be seen dancing around like a complete and utter lunatic! Calum sat in the drivers seat watching dance and sing. He smiled and gave me a little snigger.

"Soo.... Where we going?" I said still dancing. The car went silent for a minute. I nudged him a little before he came to telling me. He looked disappointed at first.

"Well.. we're going to Luke's house but once I've done what needs to be done, we can hang out if that's okay?" He gave me the puppy eyes just to top it all of.

LUKE! Luke... Urgg! Anyone but Luke. Every time I saw him, he had his mouth around Hollies. Well, there's no point moaning about it. Let's just get it over and done with!