•CHAPTER FORTY•

Luke's P.O.V

"Luke are you okay?", I could faintly hear the sound of a familiar voice fade next to me. Overpowering it was the sound of bells chiming as Calum had kicked me around my head with his god damn foot. I was so sorry for Evelyn and I guess I've grown not realise I really aren't worth her. Through out all the flaws comes more perfections. And that's what I love about her.

"Evelyn? I'm so sorry this is all my fault I should of told you this sooner but... "

"I know Luke. I heard. Lets get you to the hospital." I could see her smile as she helped my back up to my feet. She lured my arm around her, helping me walk as I appeared to be a 'hop along'. Just before we could make it anywhere, the sound of anger flew in the air, making us turn our attention towards Calum. He didn't look to good considering his 'girlfriend' just helped the boy that he just beat to the ground.

"Cough, Cough? What the hell are you helping that dick up for?" He growled walking over to us.

"Evelyn just let me go honestly... I don't want you getting hurt." I whispered to her. Calum was getting closer but calmer for some reason. She didn't reply purely because Calum would of heard anything that was said because.. to be perfectly honest, Evelyn has a big mouth!

"Evelyn, why? He hurt you and now your helping him?" Calum asked with a confused expression on his face. The crowd had now faded away, and the air was thick with tension. I mean, this tension was so thick Calum's jawline couldn't cut it!

"He didn't hurt me Calum. Hollie did" She sighed looking down at me. I looked away knowing my deadly eyes would of had some effect on the way she would of looked at me; making this situation x10 worse.

"Huh? Is that so? So is Luke your new boyfriend now..."

"No!" She shouted, her eyes well up with tears. I didn't like it when she cried. As if her boyfriend made her cry. That's it. It's war.

I got up out of Evelyn's grip and confronted Calum. And boy was I mad!

"Listen up Calum Thomas Hood.."

"Really? I've beat you once and you come back for more? No wonder Evelyn wouldn't take you. She doesn't like hard work", I turned to see Evelyn gone. My body, then, started bubbling with anger.

"She loves you! How could you make your on girlfriend cry! Your pathetic!" and just after saying them couple of words, he had dropped to his feet as I punched him multiply times, not to his stomach, but to his nose. Just like I had to deal with. No doubt, now he had a broken nose and I seemed a little more happy. Not fully for I needed to see Evelyn. Where could she have gone?

Leaving Calum on the floor, I rushed into Evelyn's house to find only Michael, asleep on the kitchen floor. I went over to him but he had only then jumped up. He slept like a kitten but woke up like a cat.

"Man, what you doing in here? And what happened to you?" Michael asked in surprise to see me.

"Sorry to scare you, I don't know where Evelyn is and I need to see her. Do you know where she is?" Not knowing what Michael was going to do to me, I stepped back as his face grew angry.

"Why do you want to know? I hope your not going to hurt her because I swear..."

"Michael, I love Evelyn. I don't want to hurt her..", my words making Michael look confused. Before he could say anything I set off up the stairs into Evelyn's room. She wasn't here. Time to look at school.

I ran down the stairs and into Michael. I pushed him to the side and ran out of the door that had been left open since last time I entered. No one was on the streets, not even Calum. Presumably, they would of all be at school. I didn't see how Calum managed to get away so fast but that wasn't what was on my mind right now. Evelyn was.