Chapter 8: Explanations.

It's been 3 hours since we were at that awesome cabin, honestly I didn't want to leave but then my mother called In which I was amazed I had any type of cell service down there, but my mother called asking where I was so of course I couldn't tell her I was with a guy she'd flip and start asking a whole bunch of questions I wouldn't have been comfortable answering, if you know what I mean so I just said I was at a local park and she actually believed me.

After all that I am actually in this very moment sitting on a park bench River sitting next to me and we've been sitting in silence for a while now might as well break the silence.

"I had lots of fun today Riv" I say honestly

River then looks at me and smiles "I had lots of fun with you Darlin"

A feel a bit of blush crawl onto my cheeks. I cover my cheeks and hear River chuckle, I look at him and roll my eyes him then facing front.

I find my eyes wandering over to River's scar. The scar that had once gotten me into deep.... Well into I suppose you could say trouble.

"You really want to know where I got this scar from don't you" River says facing me again obviously catching me staring at the scar 

"I'm sorry it's just that.... I didn't mean to ... I'm sorry" I said while playing with my fingers.

River chuckles "I suppose I can give you a bit of an explanation after all... I trust you" he says and I feel a warmth in my heart like that feeling in those really nice movies people get once they see a baby being born.. Yes that feeling.

"When I was fourteen..." River starts and I do nothing but listen.

"When I was fourteen my father was just put into jail  ... he was arrested for domestic violence between me and my mum. He was put into jail for a total of 12 months, and honestly that was the best year of my life. Mum and I were happy again he was away and we had nothing to worry about, Mum was the one that was really happy she didn't have to put up  with his fucking shit" he makes a fist his knuckles turning white, I hesitantly grab his hand and hold it in mine. He looks straight at me and I feel his fist slowly get out of its tension, then he continues on.

"Mum was always scared of Father, he was never really a man, he was a sorry excuse for a man if I'm being completely honest. He was basically a filthy animal.  After the year passed my father eventually got released Mum figured the best thing to do was move from Manchester which was where I was born and raised to Ireland. So we did exactly that before Father got home we packed our bags and left" River says taking a break from speaking before he starts up again.

"Ireland was swell honestly it wasn't easy at first because we basically fled to Ireland with nothing but our bags but I loved it down there it was just me and Mum and we were so happy ya know the way a family should be. Mum had gotten a day and night job to make ends meet for us, eventually it had paid off because we got our own flat had my own bed and so did she things were going great really great actually.. Then that one night happened" River says taking his hand out of mine and placing his head in his hands, my reaction was to rub his back so I did so

"You don't have to tell me anymore River... If it's too hard for you don't tell me it we can talk about it later or some other time" I say in a soothing voice still rubbing his back.

River takes his head out of his hands and looks at me his eyes looking glossy "No, No I'm okay" he says wiping his face and continuing

"The one night Mum was running late from work, I was 16 at the time and her running late was very unusual she was always on time or early, so I figured I might as well walk to the place where she was working which was a Diner classy right" River chuckles there a little at the end and it makes me smile for some reason.

"So I head to the Diner she worked at and go inside to the front desk and ask for my mother ... they tell me that she's left an hour ago so I gave them a thank you and ran out of Diner screaming my  mother's name checking every street that was around me but found no sight of her. I started thinking maybe while I was walking to the diner she probably was on her way home and took the long way home, so of course I head home hoping she's there. Once I'm inside the door to the flat is open and I didn't remember leaving it open so I hesitated at first but eventually walked inside everything seemed alright... Then I heard a scream come from my mum's bedroom and I run to her room... Darlin the sight I saw was the worst site I have ever seen" River says now wiping his eyes with his hands and I feel my eyes become a little wet.

"My mother was lying on the floor on her back a knife in her chest and my father standing right above her... Dakota he killed my mother. He took my mother the only fucking source of happiness I had in my life he took my mother" River sniffles and I can feel the tear run down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away.

"I was angry and I went at him. Punched him right in the jaw and for the first time I fought my father with nothing but hatred towards him there was no love, love was a foreign word to me. Next thing I know I'm lying in a hospital bed with some sort of cotton around my neck nurses soon came in to take the cotton off my neck and I get the urge to touch my neck so I do... and this scar is there" River says touching the scar on his neck

"They told me that I had been sliced as nasty as that sounds. That bastard grabbed the knife from my mother's chest and had cut my neck lucky for me the neighbors had heard and call the police and all that shit though at the time I wished I was dead my mother was dead and what have I to live for. The bastard fled god knows where he went" he says running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"After all that they put me in a home because I was still a minor and I had no family to take me in... Mum was my family. Staying in a home didn't work out to well and I eventually ran away each time I was put in one and eventually they stopped looking for me" River says. His face holds nothing but sorrow, hatred, and love. River has been through so much that my life doesn't compare to any of it really.

"Here I am now... 19 still in High school because I failed a grade I'm basically the biggest fuck up the universe has to offer" he says with a thick chuckle.

" ... You're not a fuck up River.... You far from being a fuck up" I say cupping his face.

"You're a guy that has been through Hell and back... but your standing... well sitting here today telling me your story and honestly I hear a fighter not a fuck up" I say smiling at him and for the first time saying a word that isn't in my vocabulary often.

River smiles looking at me passing a thumb over my cheek.

"Thanks' for listening Darlin"

"Anytime River" I smile for the 100th time today

We look at each over for what feels like 5 minutes I'd say before I feel a pair of lips on mine. River. He kisses me harder as if to say 'Kiss me back' and before I can even think about it I do exactly that. My lips and his moving in sync like in a romantic movie.

I pull away remembering he's in a relationship with Amanda obviously I don't say that I say something much worse.

"My mum wants me home" Great just ruined the moment...  sort of.

River nodded a smirk on his face as he gets up and I do the same as well making our ways to his car.

__

"Thank you for today River" I say and get out the car.

"Not a problem ... thanks for listening... see ya tomorrow in school Darlin" with that River drives off.

As soon as I don't see his car anymore I run inside just to see my mum cooking in the kitchen

"HellO Honey" My mother says looking up from her cook book.

"Hi Mum.... I'm going to go lay down now okay bye" I say and run up the stairs before she says anything and run to my room throwing myself on my bed.

I put my fingers to my lips and remember the kiss I literally just had.

Do I like River?

No of course not.

Does River like me?

No impossible.

.... What's going on.

|I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.. I enjoyed writing it. Much Love. Xxx|