Chapter 12: A little bit of Friendship.

"DAKOTA WALKER YOUR GOING TO BE LATE!" My mother shouted from my door way and I immediately jumped out of bed.
"What!?" I said looking at my clock. The time read 7:40, I have exactly 10 minutes to get ready for school and also be there.
I hurry and brush my teeth, put on some clothes that I quickly find in my closet, then my boots, tie up my hair in a messy bun, grab my bag and I rush my way to school running as fast as I can ... Until I fall right at the entrance of school.
"Ouch" I say getting up and running to my first class ignoring the pain in my wrist. As soon as I enter the class room the school bell rings and I let out a deep breathe "thank Jesus" I say a little too loud which causes the entire class to look my way.
"Sorry" I mumble and hurry to my seat all the way in the back. I'm just glad I wasn't late for class.
---
The day seems to drag on and on usually I wouldn't complain about school but last night from arriving home so late I barely got any sleep. Thus being almost late for school and also resulting in me tripping at the entrance, which made my wrist hurt more then I expected it to.
Currently I'm standing in front of my locker waiting for the next class bell to ring so I can make my way to the class, but that bell is taking forever to ring.
"Hey Kota!" I hear someone yell from behind me and I turn to see Austin. "Hey Austin" I say smiling.
"River has been looking for you, ya know" he says and I just shake my head I didn't want to see him so of course I would avoid him... But I will admit I do want to see him at the same time, see how confusing that is.
"Yea ... I've sort of been avoiding him" I say to Austin and he gives me that I-understand- look.
"I'm not one to make my way into business that isn't mine but! You should at least talk to the guy" Austin says obviously having a point.
"I guess ... I'll talk to him at lunch okay?"
"Okay." Austin smiles as he throws his arm around my Shoulders, and honestly I let him it's safe to say I did know Austin when he was younger so I didn't feel uncomfortable with him being close.
"What class do you got next?" Austin asks.
"AP History" I say confidently.
"Your fucking with me" Austin said now standing in front of me with a shocked face and me majorly confused.
"No I'm not F-Ing with you" I said avoiding that foul word and still in confusion.
"Your looking at me like I'm crazy Kota, but I have AP History" Austin says and now I'm just really surprised.
"Really?" I say. Never really thought Austin was so good with History.
"Yes, Mr.Villancourt right?"  Austin questions and I nod. I'm pretty excited.
"I'm not alone in that class now!" I say excitedly.
Austin chuckles at my reaction and I just chuckle right along.
Just then the bell rings and we start making our way to Mr.Villancourt's class.
----
"Hello Class!" Mr.VillanCourt says in a very cheerful tone, he's quite happy today.
"Hello Mr.VillanCourt" the entire class says I'm sync which Makes me chuckle a bit and so does Austin. Austin and I decided to sit next to each other just to you know keep each other company.
"Today Class as you know will be taking your History Exam that comes every year" Mr.VillanCourt says and the class groans.
"I know I know but I've decided with this Exam I will let you be with a partner" just then everyone starts looking at me. I swear I will not be someone's partner just because I know a lot about history ... Well I know enough.
"Aye aye she's mine you can look somewhere else now" Austin says seriously. Resulting in the whole class turning away.
"Alright hurry and pick your partners then get in a little group" Mr.VillanCourt says and everyone gets into their little partners.
"You don't have to worry about me Kota, I know History like the back of my hand" Austin says and smiles.. You know I really read Austin wrong I thought he was just in school because he had to be. I was really wrong he truly cares about his grades... When we were in elementary school he loved school, I suppose that stuck with him over the years. 
"Smart one you are" I said smiling at him and he chuckled and nodded.
Just then Mr.Villancourt handed us the Exam and we immediately got to it.
---
Mid way through the test and I'm stuck on this one question 'What was the name of Italy's fascist dictator during WWII'. I mentally smack myself for not remembering this, I swear we just went over this I'm really stupid for not remembering this.
Think Dakota Think!, I say to myself .. But it just does not Pop into my head. I sure as heck not going to ask Austin he'll think I'm stupid or something... Then again he could help... No no can't ask him. I debate with myself wether to ask or not when suddenly Austin whispers.
"The answer is Mussolini" he then looks at me smirking. I roll my eyes then laugh lowly.
"Thank you" I whisper marking the answer down.
"Anything for my BFF Kota" Austin whispers back.
I smile to myself just knowing that I'm someone's actual friend makes me happy .. Even if it is the person I used to know.
|| Comment Something Random. Much Love. Xx||