27

"Jesse?"

I looked up from sitting on the floor and Brody was there.

"Will you play with me?"

I nodded and got up. We walked downstairs and to his play room.

"Wanna play Mario Karts?"

I nodded and got the orange and black controller. He turned it on and we picked our characters. He picked Mario and I choose Donkey Kong. We picked the place and started racing.
-----------
Roman's pov
I had just came back from the airport. Jacey was going to Australia for some music stuff. I walked in the house and down the hall. I looked and Jesse Glynn was sitting with Brody Mario Karts.

"He's the only think that keeps her grounded. "

I jumped at Melanie behind me. I wrapped my arm around her.

"I can tell. She seems so calm."

"I found him in her room this morning. She was holding on to him like he was gonna save her life."

I looked at the both of them.

"Sissy?"

"Huh?"

"Are you still sick?"

I looked at Jesse Glynn.

"A little, but I'll get better."

Brody smiled and hugged her. She hugged him back and they continued playing.

"The doctor gave her a high dosage on her medicines."

"Hopefully she'll be able to sleep on her own now."

"She just knows you'll be there to protect her. Roman you both have a close bond and when you have a bond with Jesse it's hard to break."

I nodded.

"I'll always be there to protect her."

I said kissing her forehead. We watched them play a few more games.

"I should tell them lunch is ready. "

She walked in and bent down. Jesse Glynn and Brody sat down the controllers. Brody smiled and ran jumping in my arms. Jesse Glynn walked over and I grabbed her hand. We walked to the kitchen and sat down.

Mum made sandwiches and crips for lunch. I got my sandwich and ate some of it.

"Jesse, Parker called. He's ready for you to come back to the gym."

"I..iii haven't been to.t.to the g.gggym in months."

I drunk some of my lemonade. For some reason I've got a stuttering problem. I don't really talk because of it.

"You got a letter from Hedi."

Mum said handing me the envelope. I read the letter and it said how she had so much fun with me and she wears her bracelet everyday. She said that she put all of the pictures we took on front of her school binder and people get jealous because we met. I folded the paper and put it back in the envelope.

"I..I sh...shhould write h.he..her bbbb...back."

We all finished eating. We went to the living room and watched tv. I was laying on dad while playing with his hand. Brody yawned really loud. Mum said,

"Come on lets go take a nap."

She stood up and he grabbed her hand. They both walked upstairs.

"D..dd.daddy?"

"Yes baby girl. "

"W..we.when do y..yo..you ll..le...leave?"

"In a few days then I have to go back to America. "

I nodded. He kissed my head.

"Don't worry I'll be back soon. Your mom and Brody will be here."

"Bbb...Brody gggg...goes bbb..back to ss.sch...school Mm..mmm...Monday. Mum g.ggg.go tt...to www.wo..work."

He pulled me closer in his lap and I laid my head on his chest.

"Look at me baby girl."

I looked at him.

"Everything will be okay. You're a tough cookie. You'll be okay. Your mom will figure something out. "

I nodded. He kissed my forehead.

"Come on lets go for a walk."

He said standing up. He put me down and went upstairs and came back a few minutes later. He grabbed my hand and we walked out the back door and out to the path of all the trees. We walked in silence and I listened to the birds chirp and the leaves swing because of the wind.

"You walk through here before?"

"R..rrun."

He nodded and we continued walking.

"I..ii... w...www.want to sh..show you ssssss...sss.sso..something."

I said and turned walking down the familiar path. I stopped once we reached it.

"Jesse Glynn this is amazing."

I nodded. He looked at his phone.

"Come on. It's getting late."

I nodded. He picked me up and I wrapped my arms tight around his neck. We walked home and went in.

"Finally."

Brody groaned.

"I've been waiting for hours. "

"Brody you just woke up."

Mum said. Dad laughed and kissed his head ruffling his hair. I got down and sat at the counter. My phone buzzed and I looked seeing it was two text messages from Cody.

Hey sorry of it's late there. I um well I will be in London this weekend and um I was just maybe wondering if you would like to I don't know hangout?

I mean I understand if you don't want to um yeah. I should go. Bye. Well not bye because I can't see you, but yeah um just text me back when you can. Um please.

I text him back.

Sorry I went for a walk with my dad. Sure I'll be able to hangout this weekend. Just text me the details.

I sat my phone down and looked around. Mum was at the stove cooking. Dad and Brody were arm wrestling, but dad would let him win.

"M.mm..mum?"

"Yeah love?"

"I um Cody ttt..text me and..."

I just showed her the messages instead of trying to talk.

"Are you sure? "

I nodded.

"What?"

Dad asked.

"You remember Cody the young lad in the movie with Jacey?"

He nodded.

"Yes."

"He'll be here this weekend and wants to hangout with Jesse."

"What do you mean by hangout?"

Mum gave him a look.

"I'm just saying and there will be no Netflix and chilling either."

He said looking at me.

"Jesse if you want you can, but don't pressure yourself."

I nodded and sat my phone down.

"Now who wants tacos!?"