29

I walked down the hall sniffing. I rubbed my swollen red eyes and went to the kitchen.

"Morning Jesse."

"M.mmorning."

I said softly and went getting my coffee cup. I put it under the Kureig and got the vanilla almond putting it in. I closed it and pressed the start button. I waited until it was done. I got it and went to the counter stool sitting down not looking at anyone.

"Jesse Glynn you okay?"

Dad asked and I nodded. I waited for my coffee to cool down. Mum sat a plate of eggs, sausage, and toast with grape jelly in front of me. I picked up the fork and ate some of my eggs. I got my coffee drinking some of it. I got my toast eating it. I ate a little bit more and finished my coffee and I was full. I felt someone grab my hand. I looked and it was dad.

"What's wrong?"

"N..nnnightmare."

He pulled me in a hug and I started crying.

"It's okay."

"The voice kept screaming at me. "

"I know. "

He said picking me up hugging me tight. I cried into his shirt. I balled it up in my fists. I felt him stand up and walk out. He sat down. I lifted my head and saw we were in the living room.

"Look at me Jesse Glynn. "

I shook my head.

"Jesse Glynn Reigns look at me."

I turned my head looking at him. He wiped the tears away.

"It's okay baby girl. I swear this Sunday I will put an end to all of this okay?"

I nodded. He held out of his pinky. I wrapped my pinky with his. He kissed my forehead.

"C.ccan yo.you tt.take m.me to t.the g.ggym?"

"Yes."

I stood up and he grabbed my hand.

"I'm going to take her to the gym. "

"Okay, but no boxing. "

I nodded and went getting my phone. I walked back down and we went getting in the car. Dad drove to the gym and we got out. He grabbed my hand and we walked in. I saw Parker in the ring with Ben.

"Jesse!"

I gave him a small smile and waved. He got told Ben something then got out the ring.

"You okay? I heard about the accident."

I nodded.

"I..I cc.came ttto visit."

He smiled.

"When will you be able to get back in the ring?"

I looked down.

"She may not be."

Dad said.

"What?"

"She has to much brain damage, along with what happened a few weeks ago. Her attention span is cut short."

" I r.rreally www.want to, but I cccan't."

I said in tears. Parker hugged me.

"I understand. Your fans will understand. Jesse you have to focus on getting better. You always said you didn't like the spotlight. Now you can get out of it."

"Iii stayed out. I cccan't leave."

He rubbed my back. Parker has always been like an older brother to me. He's trained me ever since I started boxing. He was the only one to believe in me. He is the one who made me the boxer I am today. I pulled away wiping the tears away.