five » sketch

tyler is thinking about josh. he's thinking about how he likes the boy's smile, hair, and way of speech. he decides eventually that he's most likely attracted to the boy. which is nice.

he also wonders whether josh will be willing to drum for him. he's had a tune stuck in his head for weeks now, just hammering away at his skull. soon enough, it'll chip through and he'll be forced to deal with it. maybe josh will let it out sooner.

but it would be rude to walk over to josh's right now- especially since tyler doesn't know if he lives in apartment 20 or 22- since they just saw each other this morning. tyler should've asked for a phone number. would've, should've, could've.

he busies himself with staring at what he calls his 'lyric notebook', a notebook filled with- well- lyrics, although he can't for the life of him think of any right now. come on, then, he thinks, something about josh.

nope. no ideas.

tyler gives up and scribbles a flower in the margin, humming something absentmindedly. his fingers stray from the flower and into a sketch of josh's face- his squinty eyes, his confused smile, the glinting ring in his nose. tyler's always wanted a piercing. he's also always been too scared to get one.

oh. tyler looks at his sketch. it's not half-bad, he supposes. it's quite easy to tell who it is- josh- even without the blue in his hair. but drawing someone and thinking about them is creepy, so tyler gives the sketch a not-so-fond farewell in the form of being ripped up and tossed into the nearest trashcan.

you know what happened last time, tyler. now, you've got another chance.

maybe, maybe, you won't screw it up this time?