Maybe 2 is enough

I wake up to either Kay or Ben pulling on my hair. I don't know which one it is because they both decided to take over our bed last night. They've been taking advantage of how much Justin and I are with them recently. Since we're still having trouble trying we've been closer to them than we normally are because we realize how lucky we are to have them.

"Momma." I hear the cutest little baby voice talking to me. Ben is still holding my hair and looking right at me when I turn around to see him. I pick him up and lay him on my chest, then feel Justin's arm wrap around both of us pulling us closer. He leans down over Kay to kiss me when I'm close enough. We've been trying much harder to work together on things and stay as stress free as possible since our fight.

"I'm hungy," Kay sits up a few minutes later "Daddy make beakfast." She can't say "r" right and it's so cute. I laugh every time, but she gets mad.

Justin picks her up "I guess I can do that, but you have to go potty and get dressed before we go downstairs." She quickly runs to our bathroom with Justin following to help and I change and dress Ben then meet them downstairs. I brace myself for what might happen when I put him down to play, and join Justin in the kitchen to help him make breakfast. The kids are running around in the living room like crazy, and one of them, probably Kay figured out how to turn the TV on.

Ben comes walking out to the kitchen crying, so I pick him up "What happened?" I notice that he has a pretty big gash on his head, so I clean it out.

Kay comes running out after him "He fall on the table?" She's only 3, and isn't very good at explaining things so Justin and I follow her into the living room for her to show us what happened. Apparently he tripped over his toy and fell into the edge of the coffee table.

"Babe, I think this needs stitches," I show the wound to Justin. It's deep, about 2 inches long and won't stop bleeding "I've had pressure on it for 5 minutes and it hasn't stopped yet."

He isn't good when one of them is hurt, and he's a little freaked out right now "Well what do we do?"

"We take her to my dad and Sherry and take him to the ER. They'll decide what needs done there."

That settles it, and within 30 minutes we're leaving my dad's house. Kayleigh doesn't seem to concerned about it, and is sitting in the living room drawing pictures for my dad and Sherry. Ben is crying in the back of the car because his head obviously hurts, but we can't do much until we get to the hospital. Sometimes days like this make me think that having 2 kids is enough for us to handle.

"Bentley Theroux" The triage nurse calls for us. Justin follows me carrying Ben, and I fill out some paper work.

"You're the parents?" She asks us as she fills out some papers. I was supposed to do this earlier, but we were more concerned about keeping him quiet.

"Yes," I reply "Justin and Jennifer Theroux." She hands us a paper that we need to sign then checks out Bentley.

"How long ago, and how did it happen?" She peels off my make shift bandaids "Whoever cleaned it did a good job."

"He was playing in the living room with his sister while we made breakfast." I explain what happened "I looked away from them for a minute, and next thing I knew he had blood running down his face. It happened about an hour ago."

"Well he's going to need stitches, but I can give him a shot to numb that area awhile" she takes out a small needle and he finally stops crying from the pain "Do you know if he's up to date on his tetnis shot?"

"Yeah, he's had everything." Justin responds.

"Great." She smiles and leads us back to a room. We wait in the room for what feels like hours. The only good thing is that now that he's not in pain Bentley has finally fallen asleep.

There is a lady who is in labor that they're wheeling by our room in her bed. She's clearly in pain, but the doctors just left her sitting there so they can get something.

"I really don't miss that," I laugh as I look at Justin "It really does hurt."

He looks over at me laughing about what I said "You do know that you're going to have to go through it again if we have another baby, right?"

"Well yeah, obviously." I cringe as I think of it "Or we can just adopt, it has been 8 months and didn't work yet."

"The pain can't be that bad." He looks at me like I just said something crazy.

"You don't know that. Until you've pushed something that big out of your penis you can't say anything." This makes him realize that I was being serious about adoption.

"Are you sure about adoption? Your doctor said we should wait a few more months before we look into any of that." He notices the expression on my face. I really am considering this "Okay, so let's say we do decide to adopt. Where do we get the baby from?"

"Well I was looking the other day, and we've always been saying we want to go to Pennsylvania and see where I lived, so I thought maybe from there."

"Okay, well obviously you have this planned out." He thinks for a while about all of this. It is a huge decision "Let's do it." I smile. I couldn't be happier. It doesn't matter to me how we get the baby, but I just really want to have another one.

"Hi, Mr & Mrs Theroux," the doctor walks in carrying a basket with supplies with him "Sorry it took so long, we got busy."

"No problem, he fell asleep anyway." Justin picks up Ben from the table "Do you need us to wake him?"

"I don't think so." He starts the stitches "This should only take a few minutes. It might wake him anyway." He continues with the stitches carefully paying attention to make sure they're done correctly "Well, he's all foxed up. Put this cream on them once a day and make sure they don't get wet, but other than that he should be fine."

I take the cream from him and stand up following Justin "Thank you so much."

My parents are keeping Kay over night, so we take Ben home so we can all take some much needed naps.