Chaos

"Ben, don't hit your sister!" I walk over and take away a toy as punishment. Him and Kay have been fighting nonstop today. He starts to cry, and Justin picks him up to take him for a nap leaving me with Kay and Lexie.

"Mommy," Kay climbs up on the couch next to me so she can see Lexie "I hold her?" I of course can't say no, so I lay her on Kay's lap and watch them. Kay is such a good big sister to both Ben and Lexie, and he's trying to be a good big brother, but doesn't know what to do.

"Do you want to feed her?" Lexie is crying, and I have a bottle from the kitchen in my hands "All you have to do is hold it." Kay takes the bottle from me and looks up at me proud of herself. I take pictures of them, and smile as Kay looks down at Lexie watching her to make sure she's okay.

Watching my children bond like this is the most amazing thing in the world. Justin and I couldn't be happier to have them, and know that they will always have each other. Kay is starting to become the protective big sister to Ben and Lexie, and Ben is trying to adapt to Lexie. He loves being around her, and holds her when we let him. It's so cute to watch them, but when it isn't cute it's absolute chaos. Kay and Ben fight, take toys, yell, cry anything. Lexie has us up almost all night because she's a terrible sleeper, and at this rate we really think we will never get a full nights sleep, but we'd also never change it.

"Kay, do you like your new sister?" Justin sits next to us.

She nods her head. "But why her quiet?"

"Because she's too little to talk," I carefully take Lexie when she's done eating "Soon she'll be as big as you are." Kay watches carefully as I rock Lexie in my arms helping her fall asleep. She reaches over my arm to hold Lexi's hand and sways it gently to help. Moments like these are what make the hard times easier to get through.

Justin watches us with a content look on his face. He's always so happy to see the kids, and sometimes it seems like they're more important to him than I am, but because it's them it doesn't bother me. The best thing I could have done for the 3 of them is give them him as their father. There's nobody else who would be better at this than him.

Ben's cries echo through the baby monitor letting us know that he is awake. Kay stands up before Justin or I get I chance to.

"I get him." She walks out of the playroom and over to his room where she realizes she can't get him out of his crib "Mommy!"

I take this as my cue to get him.
"Hi, buddy!" I pick him up bouncing him on my hip. Kay knows what she's supposed to do to help and grabs the diapers and wipes so that I can change him. I lay him on the changing table, and Kay runs back to the playroom to play with Justin and Lexi.

"Wanna play with daddy?" I put Ben on the floor when I'm done, and watch him run into the playroom. I follow him and sit down on the couch next to Justin. We sit together on the couch watching as Ben tries to play with Lexie who is laying belly down on the floor. He puts toys around her so she can play with them, not realizing that at 2 months old she can't play with them well. Kay sits next to them to help her move around and play with the toys.

They eventually decide that Lexie isn't much fun, and that they're going to run around the room. Justin and I play on the couch with Lexie trying to make her laugh, but she starts to cry instead. I take her from Justin and start to feed her figuring she's just hungry again. She quickly starts to eat, and the only noise in the room is Kay and Ben running around.

"Ben, come here!" Justin gets his attention. He runs right over and Justin whispers something to him making him laugh. He then runs back towards Kay, and I watch closely to see what he's about to do.

"Kay!" He yells as he runs up behind her. He puts his arms out and starts to tickle her. She falls to the ground laughing, and Justin joins them. He starts tickling both of them and the room is soon filled with nothing but laughter. Justin holds Ben still so that Kay can get him back for starting it. She grabs him and starts to tickle him like crazy. He swings his legs and arms around calling out to me to get her to stop.

"We win!" Kay yells when Justin lets her and Ben pin him down. They start to tickle and craw around on him, so I put Lexie down and join them. I help them attack him, and he finally admits that they won.

"Fine, you brats won." He pulls them close hugging them. They get really excited because they won. I lean over them to kiss him, and he pulls me down next to them, and starts the tickling again. He holds me down so that they can tickle me. I squirm around under them trying to get away, but Justin stops me. They eventually get tired and give up, but I still act like they won. They're so proud of themselves.