three

Thomas' POV

I noticed how hard I had began typing and glanced around at the others who were now focused on me instead of their own screens. "How about you guys watch your own subjects, huh?" Anger flared through me as yet another day had passed and Clara was still unconscious. To make things worse Newt, Minho, and Alby were the main ones watching over her as if they knew she was special. Especially Newt.

They found the note that I left in the box with her a little bit after they took her to the medjacks. Newt pulled the note out and read it carefully, and then read it over again several times before finally handing it off to Alby. "Take care of her, she's special. She's your hope." And that's when the entire glade had a meeting about how this greenie had to be taken care of and how no one was allowed to touch her. Which Clara would not appreciate when she woke up. They were already changing the rules for her in order to protect her and she hadn't even woken up yet.

Someone's awfully cranky today.

I glared up at Teresa before replying.

Yeah, she should have woken up by now. What did they do to her?

An emotion flickered in her eyes that I couldn't believe before she quickly resettled herself. Regret. It was definitely regret. What did she know?

She probably wouldn't cooperate Thomas. You know how important that is and you know how she is. They dumped her into the box by whatever means necessary. Calm down, do you want to end up like Chase?

My face heated as I thought about what had happened to Clara's brother for trying to intervene. He still hadn't woken up yet either. But I had literally seen her right before she went in...what could have happened to her?

The anger bubbled in me again as I watched Clara's lifeless form on the table. At least I could see her breathing. Her skin looked shiny with a layer of sweat and her breaths were coming in short gasps. Newt had been arguing with the medjacks, Clint and Jeff, for several hours now trying to figure out why she wasn't up yet. I could tell he recognized her immediately, that's why he was so desperate for her to trust him in the box. And now he was fighting for her just as passionately as if they both had all of their memories back...

Another thing I tried not to think of aside from all the snide remarks from the other gladers directed at Clara was the fact that Gally of all people seemed extremely protective of her. Why him? I hated that guy, hell most of the gladers hated him too. Why did he have to have an interest in her? Was it because of my note? It wasn't easy watching several gladers talk about her and what they'd want to do to her and it was harder seeing Gally going after those guys. It was bad enough Newt was already fighting for her. In truth though, I am pretty grateful for that. She needs to be taken care of after how Wicked just dumped her into the box injured like that. I shuddered at what might have happened to her behind closed doors when I noticed a change in her breathing patterns.

Wake up, Clara.

A/N: For everyone still with me, thank you for reading this! I apologize for any errors there may be in here and if you've read the book or seen the movie I'm sure you've already picked up on several differences. I won't be going back and forth between Thomas and Clara's POV as often as I have been at the beginning and it's only going to get better! Also, I really apologize for the shortness of this chapter!

Please leave feedback, comment, or click the little star to vote! :) Thank you!