ten

A/N: At the end of this one in italics you'll find a dream that Clara has that I think provides a little bit of useful information ;) Thank you to everyone still reading this!

The next morning I found myself in the map room bright and early after Minho literally drug me out of my hammock. He barely paused long enough for me to pull my shoes on.

"Come on Clara! We have to get out there early today! We need to figure out if the changing walls have created a new pattern." He was mostly mumbling as he drug me across the glade so I didn't catch all of what he said. Or most of it for that matter.

"Minho I need food before we go running out there." I mumbled as we both looked down on the map of the maze.

"No kidding shank we'll get food but help me figure out where the walls moved yesterday." He looked at me with a hint of irritation but I could see the playful smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and leaned over the map once more and lazily pointed to a few walls. "Those are the ones that were different."

"Are you sure?" His eyes met mine again and I nodded in reply.

"Okay. We're going to go out this way today then." He hastily pointed to the route we would take before tossing me a harness. "Here, that belonged to Newt so it should fit you better than the one you've been wearing."

I smiled lightly holding Newt's harness before pulling it on. Minho slid my machete into the harness with a satisfied grunt then patted my back. We made our way back across the glade and into the kitchen where Fry Pan had already made up our packs for the day. Minho quickly tied mine to the harness before we grabbed our plates and sat down at the closest table. The table shifted slightly and I smiled at Newt as he sat beside me. He yawned before returning my smile, making me yawn in return.

"Hey, we don't need you over here making my runner tired." Minho told him playfully.

Newt rolled his eyes at his friend before leaning closer to me. "Are you ready for today love?"

I shrugged and took another bite of my oatmeal. "I guess so."

"You guess so? You have the best job here. You get to work with me all day!" Minho said with a smirk.

I let out a small laugh before kicking his shin lightly. We finished eating and made our way towards the doors, Newt grasping my hand tightly in his own. It seemed to be a bit windier today and I wondered if that would affect any of the jobs in the glade. Minho stood right at the edge of the doors while Newt held me a little farther back. "Just please be careful out there. He's not always the most observant." Newt muttered into my hair.

I smiled and kissed his neck lightly. "I will."

The doors started opening so I quickly looked up at Newt with a small smile. "Try not to miss me too much." I winked before turning to sprint after Minho, fighting the gust of wind trying to keep me there.

"Come on slow poke!" Minho yelled out as he rounded the first corner.

I heard Newt laughing at Minho before I too rounded the corner, losing sight and sound of Newt.

We ran side by side for a few hours before Minho finally stopped to take a break. We both pulled our water bottles out of our packs and I eagerly accepted the slightly warm liquid. The maze walls seemed to light up in certain areas where the ivy wasn't as thick and I couldn't help but be amazed at this place and the enormity of it.

"What you looking at?" Minho asked quietly as his breathing returned to normal.

"Just the maze." I shrugged before turning my gaze to his.