twenty

Clara's POV

The never ending blackness was finally coming to an end. I could feel it. I could feel it in my toes, fingers, head, everywhere. I could feel my body slowly coming back to life and it was truly invigorating. It just took forever.

I didn't want to see any more memories or relive the life I'd left behind when the creators...no...Chase and Thomas put me in here. My memories were slowly fading but I could still feel the emptiness and hatred they left me with.

Two things I knew for sure. Director Jansen is the devil reincarnated and he seems to absolutely hate me. And Chase, my twin brother, sacrificed himself for me. I never thought I'd think this but I had to get back to Wicked and see if Chase was still there and okay. I had to find my brother.

I could feel my limbs start to awaken now and knew my eyes would open soon. There were others in the room with me including Newt who still grasped my hand tightly. I could pick out snippets of their conversation and quickly figured out that Minho and Thomas were both present and talking about something they found in the maze. There was a shift in the atmosphere and everyone stopped talking.

"She still not up yet?"

"No clearly, Alby, she's not." Minho replied in a snarky tone.

"Get me when she wakes up. I have to talk to her." Alby's tone was fierce and it frightened me.

"We'll get you when she can talk." Newt replied.

What happened to make everyone so hostile towards Alby? I heard retreating footsteps and a sigh of relief throughout the room.

"I don't trust him. Especially with her. Not after what he said." Minho stated, moving closer to me.

"Me either. He's never acted like this before so we just need to keep an eye on him." Newt mumbled as he squeezed my hand. "Tommy, sit down you're driving me bloody crazy."

"She's been quiet for a while. Shouldn't she be up now? And who's Chase? Where is he if she's not supposed to be here?"

Chase? Had I been talking in my sleep? How did Thomas know all of that?

"Just give her time mate, she'll wake up when she can."

The feeling of longing took over me then after Newt spoke. My heart ached to actually be with him and I prayed my eyes would open. I just needed to see him...

"I just need to know who Chase is. I know that name."

"Thomas you shank, shut up! We all want to know what she's been mumbling about but she kind of needs to wake up for us to find out."

"Minho, calm down. How about both of you just step out for a while? I'll watch her." Newt spoke calmly but I could hear the stress in his voice.

I heard retreating footsteps and assumed I was now alone with Newt. He laid his head beside mine and kissed my temple lightly. His fingers brushed my hair back before his lips moved to my ear.

"Please come back to me love. I need you. I can't do this without you. Tommy and Minho are starting to drive me bloody crazy and Alby is....Alby is different. I need your help Clara." He spoke quietly, a whispered plea begging to be heard.

My eyes fluttered open, finally, and I brought my hand up to his cheek. His eyes met mine before he pulled me into him. His lips touched mine lightly as he cradled me close to him. "I missed you so much." He whispered, leaving a trail of kisses down my face.

I smiled before pushing him away so I could look at him. "I missed you too. Are you alright?"

He grinned and tilted his head slightly. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"