six

A/N: I don't know about you guys but I've been looking forward to when more characters can be brought in... especially Minho! Well, we get some Minho time in this chapter y'all! Little warning though, this one is long! I'm sorry, couldn't find anywhere I wanted to stop! As some of you have probably already noticed, I love Gally so his personality is completely different than depicted in the movie and books so I hope you all can get past that!  Also, I've noticed Newt may not speak quite as he does in the book/movie but I can't seem to connect to that boy's British roots so please bear with me on that! Please let me know what you guys think about it :)

The sun hadn't risen yet when I heard the scuttle of feet around me. I opened my eyes sleepily and they landed on Newt. He was already dressed and getting ready to walk out when he turned and his gaze met mine. He smiled lightly and walked over to my hammock. "Good morning Clara. You ready for today?"

I felt the blush in my cheeks in reaction to his morning voice.

I yawned and leaned up in the hammock, putting my feet on the floor to stop the rocking. "Yeah." I replied, my voice still groggy from sleep.

His smile widened. "Well, after you get dressed come on down to the kitchen and we'll get some food in you. Then we'll start the day." He disappeared and I watched his retreating back with a lazy smile. If I could wake up to him every morning I wouldn't mind being trapped here.

"Good morning Clara." Alby said, breaking my trance on Newt, again. I jumped, startled yet again, and groaned.

He let out a small laugh as he stepped closer. "Sorry, I seem to have a bad habit of startling you."

And catching me staring at Newt I thought. I nodded and stood. "Yeah, I startle rather easily."

"And I'm sure it has nothing to do with a certain blondie right?" His eye brow arched and he grinned as my cheeks reddened.

I cleared my throat nervously before replying. "Nope, not at all."

His expression turned to one of amusement as he nodded. "Right, no worries, I won't tell." He smiled at me, for the second time, and left the room.

I dropped my head into my hands with a sigh. I had to be more cautious or everyone here would know I found Newt attractive. I changed into my other set of clean clothes and ran my hand through my hair. I would have to remember to ask Newt about hair products.

I went to the kitchen and Fry Pan handed me a plate of food with a smile. "Good morning Clara! Sleep well?"

I easily returned his smile and nodded. "I did, thank you. How about you Fry Pan?"

"The hammock seemed extra sway-ey last night so...I'm thinking of ways to keep that shuck thing still." He grinned at me as I smiled and walked over to a table thinking of my own swaying hammock, which wasn't an issue for me because of Newt. Chuck plopped down beside me, all smiles at such an early hour. Or what I had assumed to be early at least.

"Good morning Clara! How are you?" He had a huge smile on his face and his cheeks were bright red.

"Hey Chuck, I'm good. How are you?" I asked, risking a glance at him before shoving a piece of egg in my mouth.

"I'm okay! Are you looking forward to your job today?"

My stomach nervously flopped at his question. "Should I be looking forward to it?"

His eyes widened and his face paled. "Bye!" He got to his feet and ran out of the kitchen. I stared after him in confusion until I felt the table shift. I looked up to see Gally sitting across from me with a small grin. "Ready for today?"