twenty one

Clara's POV

A/N: This one contains very, very mature material! Read at your own risk! Enjoy lovelies ;)

The walls are cold and hard under my fingers as I run down the never ending hall. The ivy on the walls call out to me but I know better than that. I know the grievers can climb faster than me. My heart is pounding so hard I think it may pop right out of my chest and my legs are so wobbly I imagine melting into the ground. But I have to keep running.

The beast barrels down the hall right behind me. Click click whirr. Click click whirr. The sounds of it linger in the air and make me want to evacuate my already empty stomach.

I glance over my shoulder and my world shifts when I see the beast right on my heels. It starts reaching out to me, for me, so close I can nearly taste the metal in my mouth.

"Clara!" Newt's voice is frantic as he shakes me violently trying to pull me from my nightmare.

With a deep breath I wake up. I cling to him as I search my surroundings trying to regain my sense of control and lose the image of the beast reaching out for me.

He hugs me tightly, both of us gasping for air in his hammock. My vision is blurry and it's then that I realize that I'm crying and trembling in Newt's arms.

"You're alright love." He says soothingly over and over again. He's rubbing light circles into my back trying to calm me down but the image sticks with me. The image of the grasping claw nearly catching me... I let out a sob into Newt's neck and notice that a small crowd has gathered by the door to our room with Minho and Thomas at the front.

"You okay?" Thomas asked, concern creasing his features.

I nod into Newt's neck and close my eyes tightly as the crowd disperses.

"If you need anything come get me." Minho said before following Thomas out.

I take in a deep, shuddering breath and keep my tight grasp on Newt.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks quietly.

I shake my head not trusting my voice.

"When I have nightmares it helps to take a walk to clear my head. Would you like to walk with me?" His voice is deep and gravely with sleep and I can't help but find it sexy. I roll my eyes at myself, this is hardly the time to be thinking those kind of things. I pull back from him and meet his intense gaze. He gently brushes the tears from my cheeks in such a loving way that my heart throbs. Before I realize it my lips are crushed against his and my hands are in his hair, pulling him as close to me as possible.

He gripped my waist tightly and pulled me onto his lap so I was straddling him. I pushed him back slightly and he lost his balance, pulling me down into the hammock with him. He rolls us over so he's on top of me and deepens the kiss. His kisses are powerful and in each one I can feel everything he's feeling. Passion, lust, love, anger, hope, and most predominantly, desire. My hands are still in his hair, keeping him against me in a tight hold.

I've longed for this, for him, for what feels like years and all of those bottled up emotions are finally erupting from me. I can feel the tension draining out of both of us, the stress of the past few days forgotten and the feeling of everlasting love engulfing us both.

We finally broke apart for air and my eyes met his. He looked back at me with a honey tinted brown I've never seen before, gold specks littering his irises. His short gasps of breath hit my lips and both of our chests heaved against each other's trying to stabilize. One of his hands gripped my neck while his other grasped my hip, pulling me against him. My eyes flickered down to his lips causing another frenzy of kisses before we finally lost control. We tore each other's clothes off and passionately made love.