Chapter 6.

Song: The Seems by Connor Pearson x Sam Gellaitry
----------------------------------------------

"What are you doing here?" Landyn's voice and eyes were hard as he stared at his parents.

Alpha Vince glared at his son and clenched his jaw. Lan did the same.
Before Alpha could say a word, Luna Caroline spoke up.

"Your found your mate, Landyn?" She smiled lovingly at her son. Her voice was kind and quiet. I had finally noticed the plate of chocolate chip cookies she was holding.

Lan switched his gaze to his mother and his eyes instantly softened. "Yeah I did," he pulled me into his side. "Mom, this is LeeAna." He didn't have to tell me her name which I obviously already knew.

She looked at me and smiled widely. "It's a pleasure LeeAna," she held out the plate of cookies. "These are for you and Lan. Their homemade so I hope you like chocolate chip."

I smiled at her and took the plate. "I love chocolate chip. Thank you Luna."

"Please your family now, call me Caroline."

A throat cleared before I could reply. Alpha Vince stared at me with no emotion in his eyes. I bowed my head a little and muttered 'Alpha'.

Landyn stepped in front of me, shielding me with his body. "Now that you've met Lee, you can go." His eyes on Alpha Vince.

Alpha growled at him. "Watch your tone, Landyn. I'm your father and Alpha, you will show me respect."

"I don't want to fight, especially in front of my mate so if you will please leave," Lan gestured towards the door. "That would be great."

Alpha sticks his chin in the air. "Your mother wants you two over for dinner on Saturday night. We can talk a little more then."

Alpha Vince roughly grabs his mates arm and drags her toward the door.

"Goodbye, LeeAna," she waved and smiled sadly.

I waved back. "Bye, Caroline." It was weird calling Luna by her first name. I know she didn't hear me though.

I set the cookies on the counter and turn to Landyn. "Well that was... unexpected." I had no idea what to say.

He scratches his neck and sighs. "Are you hungry?" I can't tell he doesn't want to talk about it so I nod.

"Shrimp Tacos it is," he says.

----------------------------------------------

Later that night after a delicious dinner and shower together, me and Lan lay down.

I lay on my side as he spoons me from behind.

"We're spooning," I say through the mind link.

He chuckles. "I'm allowed to spoon what's mine."

I laugh and snuggle deeper into him as he tightens his arms around me.

"Lan?"

"Hmm?"

"I like your mom. She's very sweet." I feel him stiffen behind me.

"She's an amazing mother," he whispers against my neck.

"Lan-"

"Shh," he interrupts. "Let's just go to sleep okay? It's been a long day and I can tell your barely staying awake."

He was right. My eyes were slowly falling and before I knew it, I was sucked into the bliss of sleep.

----------------------------------------------

I know it's a short chapter but I had to get this out.

Vote and comment :)