Chapter 12.

It Pulls Me Under by Butterfly Boucher

This song reminds me of Ruby Rose :) she's gorgeous.

Happy reading!

----------------------------------------------

After hanging up the phone, I packed a bag to go and stay with my parents. I knew Lan would probably throw a fit but I could care less. I needed my mom.

My phone chimed and I picked it up to read the text.

Mom: I'm outside.

Grabbing my bag, I walked out of the room and down the stairs. Landyn was standing by the living room window looking out before he turned to me with a curious stare. He glanced to the bag in my hand and frowned.

"What are you doing," he asked.

"I'm going to stay with my parents."

He glanced out the window then stared at the floor. "How long?"

"However long I need." I was surprised he was going to let me go. Before he can say anything else, I walk out the front door and towards my moms little blue Prius.

"LeeAna, please," Landyn says walking out behind me. Ignoring him, I shove my bag into the back seat and walk around the car. Lan stops my door from closing and crouches down beside me. I just sit and stair out the front windshield. "I love you, baby. I know you need a little time and when your ready, I'll be here." He grabs my hand and kisses it before I snatch it back. "I'll always be here for you, Lee." 

As Lan gently shuts my door and walks up the porch, my mother turns to me with questioning eyes.

I shake my head. "I'll tell you when we get home."

She nods in understanding and starts the car.

----------------------------------------------

"I can't stay with him, mom," I say while holding my warm cup of tea. I was currently sitting at the kitchen table, venting to my mother. "He hurt me."

"How did he hurt you, Lee?"

I stare at the liquid in my cup, not wanting to meet her eyes. "He lost control and knocked me unconscious." My watery eyes meet hers. "He raped me, mom. While I was passed out he raped me." Tears slid down my cheeks and my chin quivered.

"Oh my god," she whispers and pulls me into a tight warm hug. "That asshole! I swear if he wasn't the alphas son, I would turn his balls into a keychain."

I laugh a little even though my wolf lightly stirs from the bad mouthing of her mate.

My mother was my favorite person for this exact reason.

"Honey, I know your in pain right now and if you want... I can help you get away," she says lowly. "The Westmans are known for being cruel mates and when I found out you were Landyn's, I knew I needed to find an out for you."

I frown and stare at her. "Mom what are you talking about?"

"A witch. I know one who can get you out of this territory without a trace. You would have to live around humans but its much better than being beaten, yes?" I nod and touch the mark on my neck.

She glances at my neck. "Her name is Elaine. She can block your bond with Landyn, making it impossible for him to follow or find you."

Did I want to leave Landyn though? In the little time I've known him, he's called me a whore, knocked me out and raped me. I wasn't stupid, I knew he would eventually lose his temper again and hurt me. I deserved to be happy and I can't be that with my own mate.

"How fast can she get me out of here and where will I go?"

Mom smiles at me and says, "tomorrow you need to pack a small bag and I'll call her to come get you in the afternoon. Once you reach the border, a car will be waiting for you and she'll block the mate bond with a spell. Landyn will feel it so you'll have to drive fast."

"What about money and school?"

"You can use money from your savings account until you graduate and find a steady job. Don't worry about money, LeeAna. Your father and I will help you."

I shake my head. "Landyn will suspect you and dad, mom. He could kill you!"

She laughs. "He wouldn't dare hurt the parents of his mate if he knew how much she'd hate him for it."

Mom was right. He could suspect them but he would have no evidence to kick them out of the pack or take to the Lycan Council (the head of all Lycans).

Mom cups my face with her warm hands. "If you leave LeeAna, it's for good. You can't ever come back here. This life wasn't meant for a spirit as free as yours. As a baby I always knew you were never meant to be tied down and if you stay, that's exactly what Landyn will do." I stare into my mothers black eyes and begin to cry.

"I love you, ma," I sob and hug her tightly. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, sweetie," her voice chocked up with tears. "To the moon and back."

I was so lucky to have her. She may have just saved me from a life of misery.

-------------------------------------------

It was around 8pm when my dad came home. Mom and I were sitting on the couch watching The Walking Dead and eating kettle corn.

Dad drops his keys in the bowl by the door.

"Katey," dad yells.

"In here."

As he enters the living room, I stand and meet his dark green eyes. The only characteristic I got from my father was my black hair.

He smiles at me and opens his arms for a hug. "Ana." He always called me Ana.

I run into his strong arms and hug him as tight as I can. He chuckles and rubs my back in comfort.

"Your home," he whispers in my hair. Pulling back I smile at him.

"Hey, hun." My mother walks up and kisses his cheek. She looks at me and softly says, "I'll tell him what happened tonight. Go get some rest and we'll see you in the morning, okay." I nod and bid them goodnight before walking up the stairs.

By tomorrow night I would be free from my mate. I was making the right decision... Right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think about Lee leaving Lan?
Vote and comment please :)
P.S. Thank you for all the support. I really appreciate it. Next update will be very soon.