Chapter 19.

A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke

Shoutout to wildfire900 go follow her!

Also I made changes to Chapter 2 because Landyn did sound like a pedophile. Sorry about that.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------

After the bathroom scene, I made Laney promise not to tell Mike about the whole Landyn situation. I also had to make her promise not to get herself killed by trying to skin an alpha. Now that took some convincing.

I had so much school work to catch up on I didn't even notice the time flying by. Next week would mark a month and a half I have been back from attempting to run from Landyn.

Speaking of Landyn, we were still on icy ground. He was going to these anger management classes once a week and a few times he had invited me to go with him but I denied. There had been a few times we had gotten into a disagreement about our sleeping arrangements. He didn't want to sleep in our bedroom without me and I didn't want to sleep in a room I was raped in... with the man who raped me. There were a few times I caught him closing his eyes, taking deep breaths and counting to twenty.

So I was still in the guest bedroom and he was still on the couch.

My birthday is actually next week. Now I know what your thinking- she's an 18 year old junior? Yeah, well when my mom had me, I was the last child she was able to physically have. Because I was her only child, mom got really attached and when it came time to send me to school, she wasn't ready. So I was kept home for another year until finally she had to send me to preschool.

While Laney and Mike are 16, I am turning 18. I'll be 19 when I graduate but I don't care.

At the moment Lan and I were eating breakfast before school. I think his new calming activity was cooking because he did a lot of it, not that I was complaining.

"I'm going to visit my mom today," he finally said. "You should come, she really enjoys your company."

I hate Luna Caroline's mate and her son but I still like her. I'm about to say yes when I remember something.

"I can't," I shake my head. "Promised my mom that we would have a scary movie marathon tonight, soo..."

Mom found out I was caught a week after I started school and to say she was upset is the least. She said and I quote, "you'll never escape him. I hate the fuck for being too powerful and I hate him even more for getting a beautiful mate he doesn't deserve. All alphas damned to hell!" The last part was screamed.
It was good to have my mom and her colorful vocabulary back though.

Landyn nods and picks at his food. All our conversations now were usually short and I was surprised Lan was handling so well.

------------------------------------------

A week later...

"Happy eighteenth birthday," Laney and Mike yelled as soon as I reach my locker. All the students glance our way causing me to blush.

I smile. "Thanks guys." Mike walks up and hands me a little bag and a bouquet of red roses.

"I know you like roses and the gift is from both Laney and I," he says. My smile was now hurting my cheeks. I loved presents.