Chapter 10.

Shelter by Birdy

Warning!! This chapter is going my make you hate Landyn.

----------------------------------------------

I was shaking. Never in my life have I been so scared and my mate of all people was the cause. I mean I guess kneeing him in the balls when he was already upset was a bad idea but I don't regret a thing.

The air in the car was so full of anger and tension it was almost suffocating. Lan was gripping the steering wheel so hard, his knuckles were white. My head hurt a little from where he pulled my hair and my back ached. I knew Landyn had a temper, just like his dad but that didn't make it okay to hurt me or any other female.

If he thought that he could beat me into submission then he's has another thing coming.

I was out of the car and walking towards the house before he even parked.

"LeeAna," Lan yelled as he slammed his car door shut. I just ignored him and walked inside the house. He never locks the damn doors.

Throwing my bag on the floor, I raced up the stairs to our room. We both just needed to calm down. Lans footsteps up the stairs were so thunderous, they rattled the wood floor.

He stopped at the opened door and just stared at me. With my head up and stance steady, I stared right back.

Finally he spoke. "Why do you smell like another man, LeeAna? You whoring around behind my back?" He smirks and looks me up and down. "No, I know your not because your not smart enough to get away with cheating on me."

I clench my teeth and hold back my tears at his harsh words. "You need to calm down, Landyn. Your anger blinds you." He lets out a menacing laugh.

"I should have known you shared the same feelings as that Rueman kid," he said.

Feelings? With Mike?

"What are you talking about," I sigh. The energy was quickly draining from my body.

He chuckles. "Your so naive it's almost insulting. He's in love with you." He walks into the room and closes the door. "But he'll never have you, no man will ever have you because your fucking MINE!"

He advanced toward me, trying to pull my shirt off.

"Landyn, stop. Mike was only helping me," I yell and move away from his hands. His anger only spiked and he shoved me onto the bed behind me.

Before he could crawl onto me, I used both feet to shove him away causing him to stumble and land on his ass. I crawl off the bed and make a run for the bathroom. A hand catches my ankle causing me to face plant into the floor, hitting my nose hard.

Blood drips from my nose and my vision blurs as Lan crawls onto my back. He grabs a fistful of my hair and yanks back causing me to cry out in pain.

His mouth right against my ear as he speaks. "You like it rough don't you? You like it when I'm angry."

I shake my head no as blood flows into my mouth and a sob breaks through me.

"Lan, please don't do this," I cry. All I could do was try and beg. "Your hurting me!"

He ignores my plea and works on the buttons of my pants, trying to get them down. I struggle and squirm but he was putting all his weight on me.

His frustration is evident and he finally rears my head back and slams it into the hard wood floor causing my world to go black.

----------------------------------------------

When I finally wake up, my head is throbbing. I groan and reach up to touch the dried blood on my nose and upper lip.

Then I feel it.

The throbbing in my core. The soreness.

No. NO! He didn't.

The room is dark and quiet. There's no sign of Landyn, thankfully. I slowly get up on my shaky legs and walk to the bathroom. My pants and underwear were no where to be seen so I decide to take a shower.

Once I look in the mirror, I let the tears slip. There's a cut in my forehead and dried blood.

How could he? The moon goddesses gift to me and he rapes me.

Wetting a wash cloth I wipe the blood off my face and take the rest of my clothes off, starting a steaming hot shower. I reach down and touch my core, finding Lans seed mixed with some blood.

I get in the shower, sit under the water and cry. Gut wrenching sobs racking from my body as the hot water hits my sore back.

He was a monster. The worst kind.

Eventually I scrub my body until it hurts. I get out and grab my pajamas, putting them on and crawling into bed. I can't walk anywhere. I'm exhausted so I close my wet eyes and curl myself into a ball. All I needed was sleep and maybe I'll wake up from this nightmare.

---------------------------------------------

I'm woken by a sudden stirring beside me. I know who it is but I stay perfectly still so he doesn't notice I'm awake.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my back and I can't stand his touch so I snap.

"Don't fucking touch me," I growl. He's a sick monster.

I hear a sharp intake of breath. "Oh god Lee, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he whispers. "Please."

"You make me sick." My voice barely a whisper. "I hate you."

"LeeAna, please," he rasps. "You don't mean that."

"Just leave me alone. I'm tired."

"Lee-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I scream with my back still facing him.

I hear him stall for a minute then walk out of the room.

I don't care where he goes, just as long as it's away from me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment!
Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys :)