Chapter 18.

Wasted Love by Matt McAndrew

This chapter is for all those Laney lovers.

I know some people were curious about all the L names and honestly I have no idea. I just liked the names.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

I decided it was probably a good idea to go back to school. I had been gone for three weeks and Laney was probably going to murder me then bury my body under her garden. She knew a decomposing body can help the plants grow... which was actually scary now that I think about it.

I had to get the janitor to cut my lock off because I still couldn't remember my combination.

I was currently situating all the papers in my locker. I forgot how much of a mess my locker was.

"LeeAna May Harrison," I heard a voice roar. My eyes widen and I watch as Laney speed walks down the hallway, looking like a raging bull.

Shit.

I quickly close my locker door, turn to the girl beside me and whisper, "If I'm not here tomorrow, tell them Laney did it."

Then I run. Fast. Like fucking sprinting for life.

"I'm faster than you, LeeAna," she yells. She was right. Damn her.

Just as I turned a corner, I clashed into a body. Me and whoever I hit fell straight to the floor, groaning.

"What in the..." the person says, "Lee?"

Mike?

"Mike," I gasp. "You have to help me. She's going to kill me."

He laughs. "Yeah she is."

"Wha..."

"Three weeks," Laney shrieks while turning the corner. "You didn't come to school or call, I thought you were dead."

"Laney I'm-"

"Bathroom," she interrupts. "NOW!"

Once she disappears into the girls bathroom I turn to Mike. "I'll tell them to check under her garden," he says, nodding.

I glare at him before slowly walking towards the bathroom door. Okay, my hearts racing, I'm freaking out because Laney honestly scares me. She's everything I'm not, strong, independent and one tuff bitch.

As I slowly enter the bathroom, I see Laney standing there with her arms crossed, giving me the stink eye. Her brown eyes held anger and hurt. Geez, she may be tuff but seeing Laney cry always made me cry, it was a chain reaction.

"I'm sorry," I quickly say. She only raises and eyebrow. "Can I at least explain what happened."

Her eyes narrow but she nods.

"I had to leave, Laney. Landyn h-he did something so unforgivable that I had my mom help me get out," my rambling was silenced by her hand.

"What did he do?" She was now frowning.

I wasn't sure if I should tell her because knowing Laney, she might actually attempt to kill Landyn.

I shake my head as tears gather in my eyes. What's with all this crying? I needed to get my shit together. I couldn't help it though.

Laney stepped closer now with a concerned look. "Lee, what did he do to you?" Her voice a whisper.

And I told her.

I told her all about that night and how the beast inside him came out. I told her how scared I was. To Laney, showing fear was a weakness and if I've learned anything from her then it's to keep it bottled up until your alone. 
But I've seen her cry and let me tell you, it's the saddest sight ever.

As I continued my story, I watched as Laneys face switched from shock, to anger, disbelief then sadness.

"Lee...," she whispers. "Oh my god, Lee." Her arms slip around my body as we slid down the wall, to the floor.

She holds me tight as I cry my heart out for the hundredth time this week. This feeling of dread and sadness was all I felt. Even when I could find slight happiness it was quickly drained when thoughts of going back to Landyn came up.

Finally after Laney yelling at a few girls who entered the bathroom, I stopped crying. I lifted my head from her now tear soaked shirt and wiped my face.

"Lee?"

My eyes meeting Laneys sincere brown ones. "I'm going to skin your mate alive," she says.

I laugh, not because it's funny but because of the way she looked and how calmly she stated it.

"How did you even escape?" Laney asks.

"A witch."

"Ahh I see," she nods.

"I'm glad your not all crazy angry," I say.

She snorts. "Oh I'm fucking pissed. Landyn is a pig face, just like his father and I knew that one way or another he was going to hurt you. Im sorry I wasn't a better best friend."

"You shut your face Laney Denise Gates. Your an amazing best friend and person and dammit I love you so shut your pretty face," I demanded while tear gathered. Shit, no crying. Suck them back in.

Her chin quivers and she turns her head away from me. "Don't look at me. Your gonna make me cry."

I laugh and decide to tease her. "Cause you are beautiful in every single way," her hand pushes my face away from hugging her. "Yes, words can't bring you down," I yell/sing hugging her tight.

"Get off me, jerk," she laughs. "Your a shitty singer."

I shrug. "I know."

We laugh and just sit there on the gross bathroom floor, smiling. These were the moments I always wanted to remember with Laney. Even in my darkest days, she makes me laugh. She was my favorite person.

"Hey, Lee?"

"Yeah," I reply.

She throws an arm around my shoulder. "I love you too."

"No homo," she added and I laugh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought we needed a little break from Landyn.
Who loves Laney? Because I know I do.

So I MIGHT update again tonight BUT no promises. If not tonight then tomorrow.

Vote and comment :)