Chapter 3

Monday came and unfortunately for me, my weekend was spent doing the project Aiden and I were supposed to be working on. He had called and said that his parents were forcing him to go away this weekend and that he wouldn't be able to help me. I told him It was okay, but in my head, I wanted to punch his face really hard. But I could never. Wouldn't want to ruin perfection.

My alarm went off rather early and then I remembered I had to be up early to show the stupid new boy around school. And after school mom suggested I show him around town, and by suggested, I mean she threatened to take my phone if I didn't. So I of course agreed. I took my time getting ready for school and eating breakfast. And when the door bell rang, I groaned aloud but my mom looked at me the way she looked at dad when he didn't take the trash out and that was enough to get me on my feet and to the door.

I answered it and what's his face smirked his little smirky face. I stuck my hand out rather aggressively. "I'm Annabelle, but please don't call me that, call me Anna." He looked down at my hand and I slowly retracted it. "Okay..."

"Kyle." What? "I said my name was Kyle." Oh, guess I didn't say that in my head. "So are we taking your car or mine.." Car?

"I take the bus..." His face wrinkled up and he frowned. "But I could ask my mom for the car... I guess." He nodded and I stepped aside and let him in. I walked into the dining area where the rest of my family sat. "Uh, mom, can I, uh use the car today?" I had already gotten my license. But unfortunately, I was limited to one passenger at a time unless an adult was present. My mom sighed and pointed to the keys. I hated driving, which is why I took the bus. But whatever.

I grabbed my backpack and project off the couch and Kyle stood awkwardly in the hall. I waved goodbye to everyone and ran out to the car. "You look a little young to drive." I rolled my eyes and got in the car.

"Are we not the same age, or did you just flunk the 11th grade a few times?" He laughed a cold laugh and got into the passenger seat.

"I'm in the 12th, but that's cute, really is." I started the car and frowned. There was an awkward silence so I turned on the radio and groaned when there was nothing but commercials on. I let the commercials play and drove to school. When we got there, the parking lot was nearly empty. I smiled and parked the car. I grabbed my project from the backseat and trudged into the school with Kyle in tow.

"I have to take this to my class and then we can get your schedule." He nodded and focused his attention on a few cheerleaders who were squealing like little girls. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Boys. I dropped my project off and went back into the hall where Kyle was now flirting with 3 cheerleaders at once. "You're relentless. Not even 10 minutes in this school and you've already gotten girls to fawn over you." He looked over at me and held up a finger to the girls.

"Would you rather they fawn over you?" I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the 20th time today and walked towards the office. Kyle got the girls numbers and followed behind me. I inwardly gagged as he blew them all kisses. "Are you gay?" I turned around quickly and frowned. He held his hands up defensively. " not judging, just asking."

"No, and I wasn't judging either. My best friend is gay." He gasped loudly and I turned back around.

"You have.... Friendssss." I flicked him off and continued walking. "You seem like the shy type. Quiet and to yourself you know."

"Will I seem shy when I kick you in the face?" I growled.

"Can you even reach my face? You're like, what, 5'0." I turned around and balled up my fist and he held his hands up defensively. I pushed open the office door and the woman behind the desk smiled.

"Hi Anna, what do you need sweetie." I smiled and pointed towards Kyle.

"He just got enrolled a few days ago and he needs his schedule. It's uh Kyle.........." I looked over at him and he smirked.

"Jacobs." Kyle Jacobs... Ew. The lady typed his name into the computer and printed out his schedule and handed it to me. "Can I see it? It is mine after all." He reached his hand out and I snatched the paper back.

"No but thanks for asking. Let's go." I walked out of the office. "I only know where a few of your classes are, mainly because their 11th grade classes. But oh hey, this one is with me." I looked up at him and frowned. "You have gym with me." He laughed slightly. "Anyways. This is the cafeteria. You can sit where you want because you're already in with the cheerleaders.."

"I'd rather be in the cheer--"

"Okay, you can stop there because ew." I rolled my eyes and continued on with the tour. The school started filling up and pretty soon, the first bell rung. "Okay well I have to go..." I waved and walked into my first class. My project sat on the table and Aiden sat in the desk next to mine. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks as I went and took the seat next to him.

"Hey, Aiden! That was a killer party you threw this weekend." The guy highfived him and went and sat down. I frowned and Aiden looked in my direction. "Oh yeah, I forgot to call and tell you. The rents let me stay home, I would've invited you to my party but I figured you were busy with the project and all, I didn't want to disturb you." He frowned and I suddenly couldn't even remember why I was upset in the first place. Aiden Crawford said that he would've invited me to his party if I wasn't busy! How awesome is that!!

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders and he touched my shoulder and smiled back. Could this day, get any better!? The teacher walked into class and announced that it was time to present. Aiden volunteered us to go first. Now normally I don't mind presenting, but standing next to him.. All eyes were on us. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks and I frowned as I side stepped behind Aiden. He spoke confidently about the project while I hid behind him. Soon the presentation was over and I was more than happy.

I quickly walked back to my seat and hid my face in my hands while the teacher called up the next group. I decided against telling  Mel because well she'd just harass me about it and I definitely did not want that. I sighed and leaned back in my chair and waited until the bell rung. But before I could dart out of class, Aiden called my name. I whipped around and looked at him. "Hey uh, sorry I bailed on you this weekend, but I was wondering if you could tutor me sometime. The project was great and you seem really smart, maybe some of that smart will rub off on me. Ha ha."

I looked down at my hands and rubbed them together slowly. "Uh, uh yeah. Yeah sure. Yeah, we can make uh dates. Yeah..." I looked up at him and smiled, well I think it looked like a smile, hopefully it looked like a smile. I waved by to him and rushed out of the class and into my locker. I sighed and leaned against my locker.

Luck is on my side