Chapter 9

I woke up early in hopes of leaving the house before my mom forced Kyle into the car, but no luck, because when I got out there, he was waiting by it. "Why are you by my car?" He shrugged his shoulder and gave me a weak smile. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes and unlocked the doors. He climbed into the passenger seat whilst I had to drive. Usually in the mornings, I didn't play any music, but this morning, I made a slight exception. I put in my Hannah Montana CD that I had since 5th grade and turned it up.

Kyle turned towards me and frowned and I laughed aloud. He reached his hand towards the stereo and tried to turn it off but I smacked his hand away. "Really? You want to listen to this?" I shook my head and he frowned and reached towards the stereo again, but I smacked his hand away once again.

"I said I didn't want to listen to it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to bother you with it." I started to sing loudly in my worst tone of voice. He hands shot towards his ears and I smiled triumphantly. After the first 3 songs, I turned the music down and looked over at him. His look of annoyance made me happy. But suddenly he smirked and looked over at me.

"You know... If you wanted to distract yourself from jumping over the seat and into my lap for a heavy make out session.. I understand. It's just I'm soooo irresistible." His hand slid over my thigh and my hands began to tremble while gripping the steering wheel. "I mean I know... I make you nervous." His hand slid upward. "Very, very nervous." And then it reached its destination.

And so did we. I pulled into the school parking lot and practically jumped out of the car. "Y-you can't do that! Not while I'm driving or ever again." I shook my head and grabbed my backpack, rushing into the school where I met Melody. My breath was short and I could hear the pant in my voice. "Oh hey Mel." She glanced over at me and frowned.

"What's with you?" I shook my head and we continued our walk to first hour. We arrived 2 minutes early and I took that time to pull out the homework from last night and finish it. Unfortunately, the universe had other plans for me. Aiden walked into class and looked around. He glanced at the seat next to mine a few times before officially deciding he was going to take it. Much to my dismay.

"Hey, um, Anna right?" I nodded and looked back down at my paper. "Oh yeah, we worked on that one assignment together. We should work together more often.. I got an A on the assignment." I laughed nervously and continued my focus on the paper. Just look at the paper. "Hey, we should hangout sometime." I looked up at him. Shit. Blue eyes.

"Uhhhh, what?" He smiled. I replayed the words in my mind, just to make sure. And then it clicked! HANGOUT, WITH AIDEN? "Yes of course." I mentally slapped myself for sound so proper and tried again. "Oh yeah, sure, that'd be chill." Chill Anna? Really? "Cool... Not chill... Although they are similar..." Stop talking now. "Yeah..." He smiled and nodded mostly to himself.

"Alright, I'm sure I have your number, I'll text you with a date?" I nodded slowly, most likely looking like an idiot. "Cool.. Cool" he smiled and class started. I looked over at Mel and she gave me a sly smirk. I smiled at her and began to refocus my attention toward the homework the teacher was coming to collect.

The lecture was extremely boring but I was too distracted to pay attention anyways. All throughout the lesson, I tried to secretly glance in Aiden's direction, only to get caught... Every time. Luckily class ended soon and I was able to practically jump out of my seat and run out of class like the idiot I am.  Melody met me in the hall and slapped my arm. "Why in the hell did you RUN out of the class. You dummy." I frowned and rubbed the spot on my arm where she slapped me.

"I didn't want to stay in there."

"He asked you to hangout, so you run out of the class. Way to play it cool." She shook her head and we started our walk to second period. Second period was the class I had to perform my skit with Tyler and I truly was not looking forward to it.

I arrived in class and immediately took my seat in the way back to avoid being picked to go first. Tyler came in and looked around before taking the one of the empty seats next to mine. I smiled in his direction and he handed me the piece of paper that contained our skit. I took it shyly and went over my lines before class officially started. Tyler read his lines and I answered back with mine, and then the final bell rung.

"Alright class. We're going to be presenting our skits to the class." There were a few groans throughout the class. "Up first is..." She pulled a random piece of paper out of the hat sitting on her desk. "Aiden and Jessica." Jessica sighed and slowly walked out of her seat and up to the front. Aiden was already up front so he just stood and walked to stand next to Jessica.

"So like, it's like Romeo and Juliet." Jessica did that annoying voice stuck up cheerleaders did, and to add to it, she was chewing gum. "Rameo, O' Rameo, where are you Rameo." She continued to chew her gum, rather loudly, as she went on. "Deny they father and just like, date me or whatever." A few snickers came from the girls up front who found humor in literally everything.

"My Juliet, I, a Montague, could never enjoy the satisfaction of loving a Capulet as beautiful as you, for I have been denied the privilege to behold such beauty. But you, you deserve much better than I. I am forsaken and my name, is nothing but vain. You, deserve a prince, for which I can not be. So for that, I shall, with a moment of love and lust, shall end my life. To show the amount of love, I bear for thee." And with that, he took a sip of the drink in the tiny capsule. And "fainted"

"Oh no. My Romeo, has, like, died." She fell to the ground and frowned. "I wanted to be with you Rameo. To be with you, I should like end my life as well." She picked up the fake sword and put it through her heart before passing out on top of Aiden's body. The class clapped silently and Jessica jumped up to bow while Aiden shook his head from the floor.

"Ahhhh okay... so next is... Tyler and Anna." Oh bite me. I groaned aloud and followed Tyler up to the front. He looked at me assuringly as he began.

"What a great gathering were having. Loud music and many, many, women to conversations with." I clicked on the song we choose on my phone an the music began blaring out. "For I am Vince Charming, and I'm single and ready to mingle." He fist pumped a little, like we had planned. I "entered" the scene and sighed.

"Thou had thrown yet another lame party. When will thou learn." I picked up a cup from the table and took a sip.  "Oh, curse the  sworn enemy of mine, he has forsaken me, and thou has drugged my drink." I grasped my throat and slowly fell to the floor. Tyler rushed to my side and grabbed my hand.

"Oh, a girl! She has drunken from a dirty glass and now, she has fallen into a deep slumber." He looked around and frowned. "YOU!" he pointed to no one in particular. "How do I save this... this princess." One of the girls in the class shouted. "A KISS." He leaned closer to my body. "I shall kiss the slumbering princess, because so random, drunken girl, told me too. I shall kiss her, in hopes that she shall awaken. A kiss, that I shall lay upon he sullen, sleeping lips." His lips, so close to mine, caused me to intake my breath. "And now, I shall kiss her."

And then once again, his lips met mine. His hands grasped the side of my face and he pulled me closer to him. He smiled into this kiss as well and this time, I smiled back. We broke apart, completely unaware of the gaping mouths around us. "She... has...awoken." He breathlessly stated. He looked at me and smiled.

The class erupted into applause. "Um, that was... something.. really.."

He held out his hand to help me stand up and I was smiling, until I looked over at Aiden.. who wasn't smiling.