Chapter 12

This was a bad idea. No, this was worse than a bad idea.

Never in my right mind did I ever think that I would even consider sneaking out the house to do whatever the hell Kyle is about to have us do. If you would've told me two months ago that I would be disobeying my parents by climbing out my window with a boy, I would probably laugh straight in your face. Especially a boy like Kyle, whom I've only known for about a month or so. What makes it worse is that I have no clue where were going and no way to reach anyone because my phone was sitting on my bed. Good going Anna, ugh.

We scaled the side of my house until we reached Kyle's backyard where Kyle took off in a sprint and I followed closely behind. We ran onto a street behind ours where Kyle parked his car. He unlocked the doors and we got inside where we sat to catch our breath. He looked over at me and smirked before starting the car and speeding down the street. "Where the hell are we going Kyle?" He shrugged and continued to drive. I rolled my eyes and turned on the radio, only to turn it back off 5 seconds later due to the lack of interesting music.

"I'm actually surprised you came so willingly. And I hope that wont be the last time I say that." He winked at me and it took me awhile, but once I got it, I punched him in the arm. "Ouch. Anyways, were going back to that lake. You remember... the one where you tried to kiss me." I didn't try to kiss him, in fact, I am the one who got out of the lake and went back to the beach. "We're going to try something I am assuming you've never done before." I rolled my eyes. What the hell does he mean 'something I've never tried before'? I've tried a lot. He giggled, obviously sensing my frustration and I turned back on the radio, preferring to listen to the crap rather than the silence.

We pulled up at the same beach his family had gotten to know mine at and I quickly got out, refusing to let him open the door for me. "Slow your road." He laughed aloud and went into his trunk. I didn't see what he grabbed and frankly, I didn't even care. He shoved the contents into a backpack and slammed the trunk shut before turning towards me and smiling. "You ready, buttercup?" I rolled my eyes again, but nodded regardless. He grabbed my hand, which I snatched right back out of his, and attempted to lead me in the direction of the lake. The lake, mind you, that I showed him the location of. "Sassy." he snickered under his breath.

"Why are we going to the lake?" I kicked the sand in front of my regretting the fact that I forgot to grab shoes before I left the house. I looked up from the sand only to see Kyle looking back at me. "What?" he smiled and shook his head before looking forward and continuing to the lake. I frowned and focused back to the ground as I tried to avoid stepping on any rocks and sticks. "You never answered my question." He shrugged his shoulders. "Ky-" my sentence was cut off as I tripped over a large branch. Before I hit the ground, Kyle grabbed my arm and quickly picked me up and pulled me into his arms. I looked up and his eyes were in direct line with mine. I pushed off his chest and went into a standing position. "Uh, thanks..." I rubbed my elbow and looked back at the ground, immediately feeling my cheeks heat up.

We arrived at the lake without anymore incidents and I sighed and plopped down on the familiar ground. Kyle threw the backpack down and looked out at the lake. "Why are we here?" I looked up at him and he pointed to the lake and smiled.

"We're swimming." I laughed aloud at what I hoped to be a joke.

"First of all, its too cold for swimming at night. Secondly, I don't even have a bathing suit to swim in." This time it was his turn to laugh.

"Who said anything about bathing suits? Plus, we're keeping on all undergarments so you don't get too weirded out." He stripped off his shirt and I squealed. His hands went towards his pants at the same time my hands went towards my eyes. I heard a splash soon after and figured it was a safe time to remove my hands. Kyle floated, naked, in the water. "I had a feeling you've never skinny dipped before." He swam close to the shore and splashed water in my direction. "Do you plan on getting in?" I shook my head no and he sighed. "Anna, come on! Live a little." Again, I shook my head and he frowned. "Tell me, what's the craziest thing you've done? I take your silence as nothing? So just this once, do something crazy. I'll turn round and cover my eyes." He turned his back towards me and I watched as his hands moved up to his eyes.

I looked towards the tree that had my mom and dad's initials carved in and remembered one of the stories they told me. Considering that and the fact that I came all the way out here with him, I stood up. My hands went to the bottom of my shirt and I took a deep breath before ripping my shirt off and then I went for my pants . I groaned to myself before running and diving into the lake. The instant coldness shocked me for a bit and I was left shivering. I immediately felt my bra began to get heavy but avoided the feeling as I swam around for warmth.

"Now, how hard was that? Kyle laughed as he swam in small circles around me. I looked blankly at him, trying to avoid looking at his chest, his broad, sculptured chest.... Kyle cleared his throat and splashed water in my direction. "My eyes are up here." He winked and I rolled my eyes.

"So how is it technically skinny dipping if I have undergarments on? Wouldn't it actually be swimming?" He smiled at me and suddenly I regretted asking that question.

"Ahhh my dear, you ask the golden questions indeed. But you're afraid to be completely naked, correct?" I hesitated before nodding. I'm not scared to be naked... I'm not scared of anything. How dare he even insist I was scared. I felt my cheeks warm up as his eyes lingered on me longer than I wanted. "I knew you would be afraid... Which is why I suggested this." He smirked and I wanted nothing more but to knock that smirk off of his face.

I reached my hands behind my back and began to unhook. My goal was achieved as I slid the bra from off of my arm and his smirk was replaced with shock. I tossed my bra onto the grass and looked back over at Kyle who now held his boxers in his hand. "Two can play at that game." I smiled at him while I slowly slipped off my last piece of clothing and threw it close to my bra. He raised his eyebrow as I now swam around him.

"Not so scared anymore... Huh?" I stopped and smiled at him and shook my head and the smirk reappeared on his face. "Is that so?" He swam closer to me. "You're not scared?" I shook my head again, feeling my confidence falter. His hand went onto my leg and began to slid upward. "Scared yet?" I shook my head and tried to swim backwards until i could back up anymore. His hand wrapped around my waist and he pulled me into his chest. "Good."

His lips touched mine and I was trapped. The kiss was different from the other ones I had shared with him and I sighed as I melted further into the kiss. My arms wrapped around his neck and I felt him smile as we somehow got closer. I gasped as his hand moved lower on my back and suddenly I was aware of where we were and what we were, or weren't, wearing.

I broke the kiss and attempted to catch my breath as I swam back to shore. "That, can never happen again." He laughed, also out of breath.

"We'll see."