Chapter 10

The rest of the day went by fast and soon I was home desperately waiting for that text from Aiden. It was pathetic I know but I was anxious. The boy I've liked since forever was going to text me and ask me out, my heart was beating so fast you could physically hear it. I was absolutely more than excited, I was so excited I spent 10 minutes talking my moms ear off until she had to leave for work and then blowing up her phone after she left. She eventually told me that if I didn't stop texting her, she would block my phone number. I took the hint and stopped texting her.

I figured I'd busy myself by cleaning my room but eventually got bored and decided to just lie down on my bed and wait. It seemed a bit pathetic, me just sitting and waiting for a text... And I mean technically it was. I sighed and closed my eyes slowly drifting off until my phone vibrated. I sprang up and scooped on my phone. "Tonight @5. dress causal. -Aiden." Causal? What did that even mean. I flopped back on the bed and checked the time on my clock. It was 2 in the afternoon and I officially had three hours to get ready for this date. I was going to need some help from Mel.

I quickly texted Melody and then ran and jumped in the shower. Unfortunately I was moving too quickly, because moments later I was nursing a soapy eye. I rinsed my eye w few times before getting out of the shower and wrapping my towel around my upper body. I brushed my teeth and attempted to run a brush through my unfortunate mess of hair and then sadly left the bathroom. I gripped my towel tightly and wandered back into my room not expecting Melody to be here. But when I heard my bed creek, I quickly looked up, possibly getting whiplash. When my focus came back, I realized it wasn't Mel sitting on my bed.

"What are you doing in my room?" Kyle looked up from the phone in his hand, which after careful inspection, I noticed the phone was mine. I walked over to him and snatched the phone, causing it to slip out and fall on the floor. I sighed and bent down to pick it up, without realizing that I was still in a towel and giving Kyle a good view of my goods. I stood back up, leaving my phone on the floor and grunted. Looking back over at a smiling Kyle, I frowned. "I'll ask again, since apparently you didn't hear the first time. Why are you in my room?" He nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders.

"Came to visit my favorite person." He fell backwards on my bed and pulled his phone out his pocket and started texting. "So... Ya going on a date?" I nodded, not caring if he was paying attention or not. I was still in a towel and couldn't change without showing my pathetically girlish body to Kyle.. Not that I would ever consider doing that anyways. Not relevant. "Who ya going with? Oh wait, I read your texts, no need to answer." I rolled my eyes and sat down near my vanity. In the mirror's reflection, I could see Kyle's eyes focusing in on me and again, I never did realize how green his eyes were.

"Why does it matter Kyle?" He shook his head and smiled. He propped himself up on one elbow and watched as I slowly brushed my hair. Unfortunately I wasn't graceful and this wasn't a movie so every now and then, I was forced to yank out a knot in my hair and it usually included a grunt or two. I looked back at the reflection and frowned. Kyle was still staring at me. "What are you looking at?" His shoulders shook as he laughed and I frowned deeply. "Kyle, what's so funny?" And still he laughed. Angrily, I stood up and threw my brush in his direction, it barely grazing him. "What's so funny Kyle!"

"You asked what I was looking at, and the only thing I could think of was... I don't know." He said it with such a soft tone, I didn't know if it was a compliment or not. "When you brush a knot out, you kind of scrunch up your face like this." He proceeded to mock me face. I groaned aloud and stomped over towards him. Climbing into my bed, I began to slap and punch at his arm. Eventually, his hand reached out and clasped mine. He used this new advantage to pull me closer towards him and his voice was suddenly very deep as he laughed at my new position. I frowned again.

Without realizing what I was doing, I kissed him. He smiled into the kiss and I was tempted to move closer, completely forgetting what I was wearing, or not wearing in this case. His hand moved higher up my arm and was eventually touching my neck. And for some reason, the temperature seemed to be rising. His warm hand moved around my back until it went up to my neck, pulling me deeper into the kiss and I was lost. My hands, which had been in his, found his hair and began to tug him closer and closer to me. It was the grunt from Melody's lips that pulled us apart. He and I panted.

"Well, well, well. What have we got here?" She smiled and stepped into the room. I quickly jumped off of the bed, gripping my towel with my sweaty hands to prevent it from falling and making the situation worse. "I'm assuming you were just leaving?" She directed her attention towards Kyle who was inching closer towards the window. "It was very nice meeting you... Kyle?" He nodded before climbing out of the window and running back across the lawn. Mel turned towards me and I pretended to busy myself with my makeup at the vanity. "Annabelle Rose Bradley! What the hell was that I just walked in on little missy?!" She sat down and sighed.

My cheeks turned a bright red as my best friend eyeballed me. "Um, that was... Um a rehearsal... For auditions..." I stuttered and Melody continued to stare. I laughed nervously as I applied my lip gloss and ran into my closet. "Casual, casual, that was just casual..." I said mainly to myself, but received a hearty 'I bet' from my amazing best friend. I grabbed a pair of leggings and a floral tank from my closet and looked over at Mel who was shaking her head at me. "Look, I don't even like him, I can barely stand him. It was an accident." But even as I said it, I know it was a lie.

She rolled her eyes and smirked her little know it all smirk and nodded. "No, no you like him. And he likes you. But you're not going to date him. He seems like a player. I don't like him." She frowned and I smiled. She was such a mother when it came to me and it felt nice. "Anyways, get dressed chica, it's almost 5 and you're still in a towel. " I looked down at my outfit to confirm and quickly threw on the clothes in my hand. The leggings gave my thighs a weird shape but I definitely didn't have time to change, because as soon as I put on my shoes, the doorbell rang.

Mel smiled at me as I check myself in the mirror and then we both ran downstairs. My dad had already let Aiden in the house and was sitting rather closely to him on the couch. "So, where you from... son?" Aiden shrugged his shoulders and was about to answer before I walked into the room. I'm pretty sure I heard him sigh a breath of relief. "Charlie, our baby girl, is about to leave." He looked Aiden when he said baby girl, causing Aiden to shiver. My mom came prancing into the room and looked at my dad and frowned.

"Mason, I swear to... Leave that boy alone!" She scolded my dad who stood as soon as the words left my mothers mouth. "I swear, you and my father have so much in common!" She shook her head and smiled down at Aiden who was still sitting firmly in his seat on the couch. "Hi, I'm Charlotte Rose, but you can call me Charlie! And you are...?" He stood up, dusting the non existent creases out of his pants and held out his hand. He looked over at my father before retracting his hand and smiling stiffly at my mother.

"Aiden.. I'm Aiden." I walked over to Aiden who reluctantly held his hand out towards me to shake. "You look nice tonight Annabelle." I groaned at the sound of my full name and took his hand.

"You can shake her hand... But that better be the last time you touch her." My mom slapped dads arm and he groaned. "Have fun tonight Annie, and you." He pointed to Aiden. "Have her back at 11:30, no later. And don't be a smart ass and bring her back at 11:29." Aiden nodded and I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the door.

"Sorry about him, my mom says he's a lot like my grandfather. Over protective and relentless." I let go of his hand, which had a rather tight grip on mine.

"It's okay... But are you ready to go? And did I tell you that you looked beautiful tonight? Because wow." He smiled at me and I could feel the heat riding to my cheeks."

"Um, thank you..." He grabbed my hand again and walked me towards the car.

I could already tell tonight was going to be great.