Chapter 6

After we left the beach, our neighbors invited us over for dinner next Friday and to say the least, my mom was beyond excited. I, however, was not so excited. I remembered how close I had been to wasting my first kiss on Kyle and cringed slightly. Not that Kyle wasn't attractive, I just couldn't imagine sharing my first kiss with someone who could care less about my feelings. I inwardly slapped myself across the face and then physically did it. I was never going to get that close to Kyle's face, lips, or even his body.

I settled into my bed and sighed. We were going back to school tomorrow and my sudden vow to get over Aiden flooded into my mind. How in the hell do you get over someone you've liked since elementary school in 12 hours... easy, you don't. I was so, so infatuated with this kid. He didn't acknowledge my presence until this year and still here I am pining over how to get over him. It was stupid but all crushes are, nothing I can do about that. I sat up in bed, no longer desiring to lie down. Three years in and I definitely hated high school.. too much thinking.

My mom called me down stairs to eat dinner and I suddenly realized that I had been sitting here for 2 hours thinking about a boy with a girlfriend, good going Anna.

Dinner went by quickly and I soon found myself lying in bed and thinking about how lame my life really was. I never went to parties of drank alcohol. The closest I've ever come to alcohol was on New Years when my mom let me have a sip of her disgusting wine. I had one friend and technically she was my cousin. I sighed and rolled over and tried to sleep.

After 3 hours of trying to sleep I gave up and grabbed the book on my nightstand my mom hand given to me. I cracked open the pages of vampire academy and read attentively.

There was a tapping at my window and I jumped and looked over towards the closed window. I noticed a shadow and nearly screamed before I realized what exactly the shadow was. I sprang out of bed and over to my window, where Kyle waited rather impatiently.  You'd think someone would be more patient when knocking on YOUR window at 3 a.m. But no.

I opened the window and he climbed through and landed clumsily on the floor. "Um, how may I help you?" He stood up and walked over to my bean bag and plopped down and sighed. I looked at him again and noticed that he was also, was in pajamas.

"I couldn't sleep." He rubbed his eyes and looked down at the ground and frowned. "I saw your light was on and figured I'd pay you a visit. You hadn't really talked to me after we came back from the lake. I wanted to know why.." I held my breath and leaned back against the wall.

"I, um, I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders and stood from the bean bag and walked slowly towards me.

"Do I, make you nervous?" I eyed him closely and shook my head. He got closer and there was a sudden intake in my breath and I questioned whether or not he did make me nervous. I looked down at my hands that now shook. My bed had sunken in and I looked up. Kyle was inches away from me. "We almost kissed earlier." I nodded, not wanting to speak. If I spoke, he would surely notice the shake in my voice. He scooted beside me and leaned against the wall and smirked. "You wanted it."

I didn't.. Or maybe I did. Maybe I just craved for the attention I'd never receive from Aiden. Did I want to kiss him? I felt his cool hand slip under my chin and my eyes were directed towards him. "I'm going to kiss you." My head involuntarily nodded and he leaned forward. My lips came in contact with his and I shivered. I didn't have anything to compare this too but for a first kiss, it felt like what the books described.

The kiss soon ended and I was left dumbfounded. His hand slowly slid away from my face and he lifted from my bed. "What did you just.." but before I could finish my sentence, he was gone. I pinched my arm and then made a mental note that I was indeed awake. I did what I said I wouldn't do. I wasted my first kiss on Kyle! I kissed Kyle! I jumped out of my bed and ran to the bathroom and attempted to scrub the memory of the kiss off my lips. Once my lips were completely red I groaned aloud to no one in particular. How could I have been so stupid. I was putty! Putty in his hands and he used his magical boy powers to lure me into a kiss.

Never in my life, will I EVER kiss Kyle again. And that was a promise. I sighed and limped back to bed hoping to get at least 3 hours of sleep before I had to return to hell.

My room door flew open and my mom came in throwing clothes at me. In the midst of my waking up, I caught a few snippets of her speech. "....Late... breakfast...school... GET UP DAMMIT" she yelled and I immediately sat up and looked at her. She was fully dressed and running around my room like a mad woman. I picked up the outfit she threw at me and sighed loud enough for her to stop ranting and look at me.

"I am NOT wearing a skirt." But the look she had given me after made me believe that perhaps I was. Unfortunately, a skirt hadn't touched my body since I was 7 and I was working extremely hard to keep it that way. But my mother had different plans. After a quick shower, I threw on the 'skater' skirt and the shirt my mom had thrown at me and frowned. She had put a pair of black flats with a small bow on my bed with a sloppy written note that said wear me. My mom had a knack for bows. I however, wished I could burn them. My mom would probably kill me if I tried.

I rushed downstairs and grabbed an orange and quickly ran to the car. Mom was letting me drive to school today because I was late and she had Jacob. I drove past Kyle's house and shivered, suddenly remembering the events of last... this morning. Ridiculous actually. I cant believe he kissed me. More importantly, I cant believe I kissed back. What is wrong with me. I must have been drugged during dinner. But then again, I didn't exactly dislike the kiss... YES I DID. Ugh, I hate inner girly me.

I arrived at school still lost in thought and completely forgot I was wearing a skirt. The warm wind reached my legs and I frowned slightly. My legs weren't made for skirts. I walked into the school avoiding the eyes that suddenly noticed me and quickly found Melody. She smiled brightly, which only meant she had gossip for me.

"Okay 1, cute skirt. 2, Guess what just happened right here next to my locker." She closed her locker and faced me . "Aiden and Chloe, just broke up." She squealed but I sighed because wow, with no obstacle, not liking Aiden was going to be a lot harder.