Chapter 7

I walked into class and made a great attempt to avoid looking at Aiden, because now that he was single, there was no way in hell that I was getting over him. I went to the seats in the back and smiled in triumphant seeing as Aiden took his seat up front. It took everything in me not to stare at him when the lesson started, so instead I tried to pay attention to the lesson. But once I really focused, I grew bored and went back to staring at Aiden. Every now and then, his friends would crack a joke and he'd turn around and do that cute smirking thing he did.

"Okay everyone, time to assign partners." Partners? The teacher grabbed the hat of names and walked around the front desk handing out papers containing 15 different student names on them. "1 2 3 open up and find your partner." The students with slips in their hands began to unravel them and wander around the class finding their partners. I closed my eyes when I seen Aiden stand up and walk towards the back of the class. Part of me hoped I wasn't his partner, and thankfully that side won. Aiden stood next to the girl who sat beside me. She giggled like a child and I rolled my eyes in frustration.

A boy I had seen Aiden with plenty of times came and stood next to me. He was tall and had a dirty blonde tint to his hair. He held out his hand and smiled. "I'm Tyler. I'm assuming you're Annabelle.." Tyler? Really? The irony was painful sometimes.

"Call me Anna please." I took his hand disdainfully. "So, I wasn't exactly paying attention to what the project was on.. Mind helping out..?" He smiled and took the empty seat next to me and began to explain. Apparently, the two of us were supposed to write a romantic tragedy and create a skit from it.

"So um, we can do it at my house maybe?" I shook my head and frowned. Mom and dad would kill me if I asked them to go over a boys house, let alone a boy named Tyler.

"My house is fine. I'll, um, text you my address." He smiled and took out his phone to take down my number. I watched closely as he typed in Annabelle and then the numbers that I gave him. He sent a text so that I had his number and I sent him my address.

We used the rest of the hour to write the plot and characters for our story. We ended up making it a twisted plot line that resembled sleeping beauty's but worse and a little more high schoolish.

I was Ariana, who was Aurora and he was Vince Charming which was obviously the prince.

The bell rung and he picked up his books and did this side smile type thing, which was absolutely adorable, and mentioned that he'd see me later. I nodded and grabbed my books and rushed out of the class. Melody was waiting by my locker as usual. "Okay, so I got paired up with Tyler... Lupin I believe, for the Ms. Leonard's assignment."

"Tyler Lupin? As in TYLER." I nodded and she frowned. "Let me get this straight ... you're going to take a boy named Tyler back to your house... where you live with your parents... who hate everyone named Tyler? Did you even think this through." The smile I previously had was replaced with a frown.

"Its not like I personally asked for him as a partner. And there's nothing I can do about it now. She said she's not changing partners anymore because of what happened with Kaylie and her parents." I opened my locker and grabbed the books I needed for my next class and slammed it shut swiftly. "My parents will just have to deal with it until I get an A on this assignment. Which wont happen if Tyler doesn't come over." I smiled triumphantly and Mel as I walked to Chemistry together.

"You better hope they let him."

 Class went by pretty quickly after that and thankfully, school was over soon. Melody waited by car, accompanied by Kyle. "What are you doing here....??" I stuttered slightly, I was still not ready to talk to him after last night. I don't know if I was more upset with him or myself. After all, I did kiss him back. But if he wouldn't have snuck into my room, there wouldn't have been a kiss in the first place. He smirked slightly and I felt my cheeks warm up.

"Your mom said you'd give me a ride home.. seeing as were next door neighbors and all." He smirked once again and I wanted to punch that cocky grin off of his face. How dare he make me feel flustered. I'm sure Mel had seen how red my cheeks had turned. Hell I'm sure the school had seen how red my cheeks had turned. I would have a lot of explaining to do later, much to my misfortune. I unlocked the car doors and we all got inside. I dropped Mel off at home before driving back to my place.

Tyler was coming over so we could start on our assignment and I still hadn't mentioned it to my parents. I was so lost in thought about Tyler coming over that I nearly forgot that Kyle was in my backseat. He grinned at me through the rearview mirror and I inwardly groaned. "So be honest... Did you like it?" I laughed obnoxiously, there was NO way in hell I was telling him I enjoyed that stupid kiss.

"No, in fact, after you left I went in the bathroom and threw up." That knocked the grin right off his face. He frowned slightly and moved a little in his seat. "What not used to girls saying that they didn't enjoy your kisses?" He didn't answer and we drove the rest of the way home in a peaceful silence. I pulled into the driveway and he quickly rushed out of the car. I thought he walked to his house but when I opened my door, he was waiting by it. "What the hell are you do-" but I was quickly quieted when his lips smashed onto mine.

The kiss was rushed but still enjoyable. He broke apart from me and stared at me with a huge smile on his face. "Want to know how I know you enjoyed yesterday's kiss?? Because just now, when I kissed you, you kissed back. If yesterdays was so horrible, you wouldn't have kissed back just now..." He laughed a quiet laugh. "I'll see ya, Anna." and with a short wave, he disappeared inside his house and I was left standing by my car feeling dumbfounded.